Items Tape Measure

Cabbage2335

Terrarian
Would it be possible to add a tool that's like the ruler except the start point can be placed so you can measure over a long distance. Like the grand design where you can drag from where you click and extend it while you walk but instead of wire its the ruler graphic with the length and width.

I don't know... you mentioned wire in your post, and placing wire effectively lets you do this already.
Wire and the grand design are fairly late pre-hardmode and it doesn't count out the wire that you place. Essentially its like you place the end of the tape measure at your starting point and drag it however far out you need it and it will give you the distance or the height like the ruler tool. Plus you wouldn't have to pick up wire although I do understand where you are coming from.

I'd also add the benefit of toggling some sort of "prolonged display" where the numbers show up as, well, numbers on some sort of measuring line that will slowly fade within 5 seconds before disappearing entirely in 10-30 seconds; eliminates the need of doing mental math (or memorizing it) while comparing multiple points in your builds. Bonus points if the line looks like those used in technical drawings.

Back
Top Bottom