Items more edible critters?

sunner

Terrarian
What do you mean, I can't have scorpion on a stick?
  • Scorpion on a stick (scorpion/black scorpion)
  • Turtle soup (jungle turtle/turtle)
  • Shark fin soup (shark fins)
    • edit: reminder that this is a game... yes, shark fin soup is sad IRL, but no one's hurting any real sharks by eating shark fin soup in Terraria. and you literally kill sharks for fins to make a gun...

scorpion (black).png
scorpion (orange).png
turtle soup.png
shark fin soup.png

(very professional art, 100%)

I just think it'd be cool to have more edible critters esp in places like desert where there aren't very many.

food.png

edit2: more sprites! Fairy Pop, Butterfly Pancakes, Butterfly and Dragonfly Taco! (oops... i cant draw pancakes) thanks to @Logic Twister for some of the ideas!

Last edited:
I would love edible scorpion recipes and it would be cool if there we were able to roast caught critters like over campfires. Also, what about an edible prismatic lacewing? (Just kidding lol, :red: that)
That should actually be a thing. It would give you the effect “Buttflies in my belly!” Maybe that should be an advancement. But as an effect it would give you erratic jump boost and slow falling plus possible confusion static effect.

This seems like a fun idea, again a little uncomfortable about the shark fin soup, though what would anyone make from the mouse/rat, maggot, worm, penguin and fairy?

Rat/mouse on a stick with ketchup?
Dried maggot/worm

What would anyone make from the mouse/rat, maggot, worm, penguin and fairy?

I suggested the ones I did because I think they're somewhat-commonly eaten critters.

Mouse/rat maybe could make some sort of dried jerky.
I'm not sure about maggot/worm, maybe something similar to the Grub Soup?
Most birds can already be cooked into Roast Bird, so penguin could share the same recipe. (Although, now I feel like maybe you should be able to cook the owl too...)
Fairy sounds pretty crazy, maybe you could add a fruit and water bottle/ice block to make a Fairy Pop? (like a popsicle or something...)

Most birds can already be cooked into Roast Bird, so penguin could share the same recipe. (Although, now I feel like maybe you should be able to cook the owl too...)
Can't leave the owl out

Edit, now can't stop coming up recipes for the rest of the critters

Love the fairy pop, could do the same will the Faeling

Firefly/Lavafly/ Lightning Bug - Bombay Fly

Grasshopper - Grasshopper cocktail

Pupfish - same as the goldfish

Seahorse - dried seahorse

Magma Snail / Glowing Snail - ?

Stinkbug - ?

Water Strider - ?

Butterfly - Butterfly pancakes

Dragonfly - Dragonfly Taco

Last edited:
Butterfly - Butterfly pancakes

Dragonfly - Dragonfly Taco
Butterfly pancakes and dragonfly taco sound AWESOME. Though i wonder how many butterflies would be needed for a single pancake, and how many dragonflies for a taco?!

Magma Snail / Glowing Snail - ?

Stinkbug - ?

Water Strider - ?
I think escargot is already in the game, so maybe magma/glowing snail could make a special kind of escargot that has stronger/longer-lasting effects?
Stinkbug maybe a stinky tofu or blue cheese? (Might be kinda out there...)
No idea for water strider either... it makes me think of a gummy candy for some reason, though.

Back
Top Bottom