Serious Good Free Alternative Software to Itunes Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
I've run into many issues in the past trying to use Itunes to import my music files into the Library and create playlists from them that can be burned to CDs and have decided it may be better to use a different program that's more user friendly and doesn't have random issues all the time. For this case I'm trying to use .ogg music files to put a few songs on a Disc I can listen to when I'm not using my computer. While VLC can create Playlists, these Playlists can't be burned to CDs for some reason. (I'm guessing because of how it saves Music to a unique File Format).

So I was wondering what kinds of Free software would serve as a good alternative to Itunes. By "good" I mean it should be legitimate and can't be classified as a "PUP", or Malware by my Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware. As well as be able to work will a variety of Music file formats including, but not limited to .ogg .mp3 and .m4a

Any suggestions will be appreciated, as well as if there is a way to burn .xspf files to discs (This is the File Format used for VLC Player Playlists) that I'm unaware of.

Last edited:
Winamp is favored by many as a music player, and I myself enjoyed it while I had it.
There's also foobar2000, it's rather lightweight but it has high amounts of customization.
So far, I've ditched Winamp in favor of foobar2000, and I didn't exactly see anything with burning to CDs, though I may not have noticed it like the dummy I am.
Winamp is better overall, but maybe try foobar2000 as well and see which one works.
Both of them seem to be able to run a variety of music files, but foobar2000 was able to run most music files I have ran into.
Winamp itself has an ability to play mp4 files , but foobar2000 doesn't as far as I know.
Both have the ability to create playlists, though Winamp has more variety such as using a history tab for previously played tracks, and also has numerous amounts of custom skins that I believe are still being created to this day.
Foobar has multiple visual views like Spectogram, Peak Meter, Oscilloscope, and others, while Winamp has a simple visualization and some others for entertainment.
...Or you could always use Windows Media Player, if it has the tools you need.

VLC beats Windows media player in all aspects, but since you seem to be having trouble with it, I suggest you check out Quad Libet for its user friendliness, vast amount of features/customization and all around awesomeness.

While VLC can create Playlists, these Playlists can't be burned to CDs for some reason. (I'm guessing because of how it saves Music to a unique File Format)
As much as I hate mp* formats, couldn't you convert it to mp3 and then burn it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom