Terraria Community Forums

Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
You should have told them how the saga should be called Totally Not Harry Potter. That would also make any PJ enthusiast rage.
Leinfors
Leinfors
To be honest, I don't hate the concept of the Percy Jackson films (I think its an interesting concept) but it really is the biggest HP rip-off of all time. Its not that its the same idea, but that they took Harry Potter and made "exactly the same story but every Wizard noun is replaced by a Greek mythology noun" version of the same thing.
LoveSpreader
LoveSpreader
Same goes for the books? Or did that include all forms of PJ?
happyW12
happyW12
Umm, I am a big fan of the books, and I don't quite see how similar they are to HP (other than the whole Camp Half-Blood and Hogwarts concept). What I meant is that the films are an abomination with a story that doesn't care about the books or mythology (Well yes, the books haven't got perfect mythology, but it's better than the films.)
Leinfors
Leinfors
The first book might even be worse, because its cover and art are decidedly HP-esque.

Percy/Harry is a normal child with an unhappy life who is plagued by strange things as he grows up. One day, its revealed he is a half-God/wizard, and he leaves the mortal/muggle world to be with others of his kind and learn his culture at a camp/school, where he finds that he is already famous amongst his kind.
Leinfors
Leinfors
The list goes on, but that's the general gist of the start of it.
happyW12
happyW12
@Leinfors (and everyone else): Yes, but using that argument, every heroic fantasy book with "normal person going on a quest to save the world" type of story is a copy of a previous book with that motif. What maters is the unique thing the book does with that story-structure.
Leinfors
Leinfors
No, I get that and . . . lets just say that as an avid reader, I find the similarities FAR more parallel than other such examples. I don't find that the book, at least not in the earlier stages, has a unique story structure at all.

I'm not hating on it too hard here though; I don't dislike the story, I just can't help but see the parallels.
happyW12
happyW12
Well, I can't criticize you for having an opinion.
Back
Top Bottom