Terraria Community Forums

OFF
OFF
and they should stop doing it already. time travel has become today's version of "lolmagic".
"how did you do it?" "loltimetravel"
Mystic Neon Rain
Mystic Neon Rain
Ehhhhhh I think that depends. Yeah, there are a lot of crappy time travel stories, but when written correctly, they can be really awesome. It's a tricky genre to write for.
OFF
OFF
is just that there's already an awful lot of stories involving time travel/manipulation. i agree that if written in the right way, it can still be good, but it seems to me that a lot of people forgot that there are other ways to develop stories
Mystic Neon Rain
Mystic Neon Rain
Basically, writers shouldn't rely on magic or time travel too much. (Or at all, if it can be helped)
That's the lesson here :p
excession
excession
Doctor Who!!!

I couldn't resist.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
And here I'm writing a story with a McGuffin that was never created because its existence is linked to a time loop which couldn't be possible if it didn't exist.
Mystic Neon Rain
Mystic Neon Rain
Several years ago I was writing a time travel series, but I lost interest so it isn't finished...
Personally I like time travel stories, but my point was that they're hard to write and you can't have things conveniently happen because of time travel.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
You can, but you have to sell it out to the readers first.
Dusty Sinclair
Dusty Sinclair
Plot twist: the main character is his own father.
Mystic Neon Rain
Mystic Neon Rain
@Yaster Goodman It's always weird when that happens though ._. Not to mention a huge paradox.
Dusty Sinclair
Dusty Sinclair
Like in the Teminator (spoiler alert) when Kyle Reese is sent back in time by his son, who would never have existed if he hadn't sent Kyle back in time.
Back
Top Bottom