Terraria Community Forums

Scironex
Scironex
I've been told that MSI is good, but I don't know how I should be shopping around.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Well, my advise is to not buy something just because it is tagged as a 'gaming laptop'. Also try to forget about gimmicky things such as touch screen and whatnot, as those just cost extra money.

Can't really say much more. Main three things you need is a decent GPU, 8GB or more RAM and a very good processor (considering that you'll be getting a laptop, that'd be its main weak point).
Scironex
Scironex
Sadly, you're not telling me anything I don't know. Thanks, though.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I don't know what more to say, as if you're asking for a specific computer to be recommended then the problem becomes I don't know where you live. Most say don't bother with AMD stuff (mainly processor), as they're an oven (which is believable).

Most people that have heavy knowledge about computers would tell you to build it, though I hear it is much harder to do for a laptop then a desktop.
Scironex
Scironex
Building a laptop is just a pain, mostly because they're difficult to cool. In retrospect, I really don't know what I was asking.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
You could always move to the very northern parts of the world. That solves overheating issues :p
Scironex
Scironex
Yeah, until your igloo melts from all of the heat.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
To be honest, I don't know what you'd be doing to make it overheat so much. Over-clocking processors decreases the processor lifespan, especially on laptops, for little benefit. On Planetside 2 (very CPU-heavy game), I'm constantly CPU-bound, but a simple fan-cooler underneath keeps it from not overheating.
Back
Top Bottom