Terraria Community Forums

zeskorion
zeskorion
It takes awhile to suffocate. Long enough to kill a :red:ty fart mage with a plasma lance
Aesir
Aesir
Well, I wouldn't call 30 seconds a while. That's the time an average person can hold their breathe. Plus, when you're suffocated, you normally wouldn't be mobile to even lift a finger, let alone impale a person. Anyways, the best kind of conjurer is the one that isn't bound to a single element/kind of magic. Even the most versatile of the elements can't be a sonic screwdriver.
stormconure
stormconure
And in my personal opinion, Ice is the second most powerful as long as it's going against anything but fire. It can immobilize, suffocate, and cause hypothermia. Only weakness is heat.
zeskorion
zeskorion
Ice isnt even an element
stormconure
stormconure
Yes it is, it's completely different from water. Unless you're going by some list from a show or book or something, in which case we're talking about totally different things.
zeskorion
zeskorion
Fire is an element because plasma state of matter
Solid(earth), liquid (water), gaseous (air), plasma(fire)

NO ICE. NONE AT ALL
Aesir
Aesir
Zesko, I think of ice magic wise like the ancients used to think out of it, as a combination between two major elements: Earth and Water. Google Aer, Aqva, Ignis, Terra. You'll find the elemental compass on one of the first results.
zeskorion
zeskorion
the "ancients" were idiots compared to us
Aesir
Aesir
That I agree almost completely, save for the wording. But that's true. They were indeed foolish, but I can't call them idiots. It was the closest thing they had to science at said time. Maybe in the future we'll be seen to the new human societies as how the ancients are seen by us. Man goes through three stages of intellectual growth: Fear, Mysticism and finally, Science.
stormconure
stormconure
I guess it depends on what your definition of element is. Ice could be seen a sub-element, along with Nature, Death, Electricity, etc. So yeah, I see what you mean about the main four, but those aren't the only exclusive ones out there.
zeskorion
zeskorion
none of those are elements but 'lectricity, which fits in with plasma
Aesir
Aesir
I most commonly see darkness as an element and not death. However, darkness truly has many death-based spells. Raising the dead or insta-kills, ya name it. But light can do the same, it's sad it's not actually seen a lot. Light can ressurect a dead being pristinely and drop a holy hand grenade at enemies, it's just that light is used mainly by healers, so it's not very offensive.
zeskorion
zeskorion
light and dark dont exist. Lazy writing if you ask me, due to the ambiguity and easiness to add rules and powers
Aesir
Aesir
Light is just photons. Darkness is the lack of them. Nothing more, nothing less. But in a fantastic setting, it can actually work wonders.
stormconure
stormconure
Also, while I'm at it: Zesko, Fire and Plasma are not the same thing. They both involve heat, but that's about where the similarities end. Plasma is, as you just said, lightning and the like- Fire is simply things burning.

As for ice: look at modern entertainment. There are countless games and stories where the 3 "Primal" elements are Fire, Lightning, and Ice.
zeskorion
zeskorion
I like to think of them as photons and "dark matter"
dark controls gravity, and light makes things shiny
zeskorion
zeskorion
storm, i put fire and plasma together because of heat. they can create each other and work the same way
stormconure
stormconure
Dark matter isn't darkness, it's a ghostly material that forms the structure of galaxies. As someone who studies astronomy, I would know. And it doesn't control gravity.
zeskorion
zeskorion
gravity is what makes galaxies, dummy, so it is inferable that dark matter would- if it even exists.I just group it into that category to give darkness a general rulebook.
stormconure
stormconure
1. Fire and plasma... Fair enough, I guess. Plasma wasn't really an element to begin with anyway.
2. Gravity and Dark Matter both hold galaxies together, and galaxies wouldn't exist without either of them. But they are in no way the same thing, and if anything gravity controls dark matter, as it controls pretty much everything.
Back
Top Bottom