Terraria Community Forums

Eli10293
Eli10293
If that happens it could possibly be how tcf loads images
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
And I know they become discolored, it's not just my eyes, as bad as they are.. I copy and paste to my spriting file and I can clearly see the difference.

It's EVERY uploader that does this to me. Imgur, tcf, puush.. tried a site called "minus" and still, all of them distort. I thought it was imgur acting up but.. it's not just imgur doing this.
Granger
Granger
Are you saving them as .gifs? Gifs have this discoloration issue because gifs have a limited color palette.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
Nope, all of them as .PNG

Just noticed in both imgur and puush in settings, there's a checkbox for high quality uploads that don't compress.. checked them and they still discolor just the same. Sigh..
Granger
Granger
Hm, strange...
Corenality
Corenality
Maybe try showing us some of those sprites to see if it's not just on your end? When did this start happening?
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
Started a few months ago. And here, it's slight, but it's more apparent if you paste one over the other and do ctrl X and Y to flicker them.
tWrNqpY.png

As I can't show the original, this is discolored on the left and double discolored on the right.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
Wait.. what the heck? The left one wasn't discolored on this upload. I don't get it..
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
And then when I use the imgur crop tool to get rid of the second one.. it then discolors the first.

..I don't understand.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
Yes! I THINK I KNOW WHY! I put .PNG in the file name and also save them as .PNG so even though it shows as just .PNG it's being treated as a .PNG.PNG.. so it's been screwing things up on upload. Yesss.. my frustration is finally over!~
Corenality
Corenality
Glad you could sort this out on your own.
Brick Creeper
Brick Creeper
I'm happy you found the solution snicker! :)
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
..Frustrated, the problem is back even though I am not doing double .PNG.

..I don't get it, I really don't. I don't know what combination of actions I do to correct it, I copy and paste and save over, delete and paste and save, change to .PNG to .png, each of these a few times, and eventually I get it. But this is so time consuming and unnecessary, I don't know what to do.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
Example of the discolor
wzXUmwL.png

WlDW0Sc.png

the first is the correct one. The second, I keep getting this effect on my sprites and it is beyond frustrating.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I'll paste the correct image in a file and save it, close it, re open it, and there is no discolor. It is only when I upload when it does this.

My motivation is just dying now, I want my light azure blues to stay what they are, not become these pale purples.
Brick Creeper
Brick Creeper
But the images look the exact same to me.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
The bottom one is more purple, and the circle is less black. Can be seen easier if you tab between the two http://i.imgur.com/wzXUmwL.png http://i.imgur.com/WlDW0Sc.png

But anyway, I feel stupid, literally just a click of a button solved this, it was set to "Auto" for color depth, but now that I have 32-bit selected, it should always upload the file as it actually is. Nightmare over, again.. %:sigh:
Brick Creeper
Brick Creeper
Even when I tab, they look the exact same. Maybe I'm color blind or something. Anyway, I'm glad you solved it.... again. :0
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
It's not your eyes, it seems to be my monitor, as I went on my dad's to see and the images are identical.. so weird.

I took a screenshot though, so you can see what I've been experiencing:

7uQVy60.png

..Which came out as double discolored for me as the issue returned, though I THINK I found another proper fix to it..
Eli10293
Eli10293
Just try switching monitors with your dad's and do some more testing
Back
Top Bottom