Terraria Community Forums

Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Hate to burst your bubble, but they kinda do what they want. Don't get me wrong, it is their game, but they're kind of happy pretending to be a serious company.
Although if you do think convincing them that your weapon can be a thing is possible, then you really should ask a spriter and jot your ideas down, link em together and make it look attractive, then it may be possible.
And if that doesn't work, ask a modder.
Doylee
Doylee
We have a person in this community who has killed Plantera with a Copper Short sword, and he still doesn't have anything in the game, to be fair.
Sash
Sash
yeah but he did he do it armorless in expert on one life
Sash
Sash
and I'm very aware they do what they like. I mean they are the devs. they could ignore me for eternity and it would never effect them.. but my points are actually valid. and ive used bows in hardcore expert for 3500 hours. like. ill do everything in my power to get that bow. even if I have no power whatsoever. if I try.. I may succeed. if I don't. then failure is guaranteed.
Sash
Sash
im not even asking for something ground breaking. like its just the combination of two pre existing bows.. the shadowflame and the pulse. its not op or game breaking. here I even created it in concept art. http://imgur.com/a/vOHm0
Sash
Sash
I use a shadowflame to take on pillars. like yeah multi arrow repeaters and the phantasm are cool but its just not like, single shot mad dog bow skillz you know? it just seems like a modified shotgun that shoots arrows. and also.. I belive there should be a hotkey that scrolls ammo without opening menu. just things ive thought would be amazing over the past few k hours..
Sash
Sash
ive always scrubbed out. creating self imposing restrictions to make the game harder. consider the fact that a musket as unreal does around 100 damage with crit. 50 standard. that's 10 more base weapon damage than the molten fury. pulse has unchangeable straight fire. rendering quiver useless.pulse + sflame. the light, DOT and arrow fall with angled rebound. similar to chlorophyte arrows. its a good idea.
Sash
Sash
instead of splitting arrows into more arrows this gives skill a chance to shine rather than just more spray and pray bows.. do you feel me? <3
Sash
Sash
on the subject of modding I really want to promote terraria vanilla. not terraria modded. the game itself is exquisite and does not need mod if played hardcore expert map lifelinked.. I want to introduce the game to others. its a lot harder when you have to explain you are playing a modded version. people loose interest. it becomes too hard for them.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
1. Sounds legit. Jot it down, give it a Sprite and throw it in a thread. Cos that way, it will prove a good read and it doesn't have to go to waste.
2. Take up coding someday, cos that will be one step closer to your dreams being realised.
3. It depends on the mod if it's harder or not.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Although I must say, that shadowpulse weapon looks actually good, and it would actually be refreshing to see the shadowflame concept upgraded moreso outside than the other ranged bow, that is a mere piercing equivalent of the Sharanga. Although, I must say that I am slightly saddened by the fact that it has no gimmick aside from shooting shadowflame pulse charges.
Back
Top Bottom