Terraria Community Forums

Khaelis
Khaelis
And I can't help it if I'm sarcastic every now and then, either. It happens to everyone and sometimes fustration can kick in sometimes, but I still try to be as niceand helpful as I can be.
Khaelis
Khaelis
The rules are very flawed, and the Warning System is very flawed if someone who doesn't do anything rude intentionally, never disrespects people and definitely isn't racist, etc can be at risk of being banned for x number of weeks or permanently because of a little sarcasm (and some fustration) and from trying to HELP someone.

I give up.
Khaelis
Khaelis
I'll browse the forums every now and then still. So if anyone by chance needs me (which I doubt), just send me a convo. I'll get back when I can. But until then, I refuse to even post because I am NOT being banned for being who I am.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
All I can say to this being an outsider in not knowing the entirety of what is going on here is this: Sarcasm (and by extension, tone) is incredibly hard to convey through text.
Khaelis
Khaelis
@Shadow_Mantis TL;DR version. 2 WarningPoints for a sarcastic remark that ended up into a small bit of fustration kicking in, but no disrespect was intended and 2 WarningPoints for being given 'several warnings' for not using the report feature and commenting to try to help people not make mistakes by spamming, etc.

Now I risk being banned because of it.
Khaelis
Khaelis
In the end I don't even care anymore. I give up.
Baconfry
Baconfry
it's kinda dumb that people can be given multiple warnings for the same offense. It's also kinda dumb that anyone can get instabanned for posting a steve thread. so yeah, the warning system does have flaws.

if you ask me, your post isn't worth 2 warning points. but it's probably not something to get riled up over, especially because everyone knows you're not a mean person and you don't deserve to be banned.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Looking at the mod. It's has some huge feedback. So I understand why the moderation can be more strict there.

I wouldn't have given directly 2 warning points for those points you have shown. But feeling directly offended that you're going to leave is also a bit on the weird side.

...I basically repeated what Baconfry said. But I also care in the same way.
Bezixx
Bezixx
And this is why I either avoid posting in forums tab and also being sarcastic there. It's 100% it will be marked as off-topic and rude. Besides, in the Internet sarcasm is almost never helpful, people often take offense from it. I learned to not bother kids in the Net, so I can spare my nerves. At least I learned patience, thanks to that.
UberCAKE
UberCAKE
I think a thing that could be done to prevent sarcasm being interpreted as offense/disrespect is to add a disclaimer to the start of the post saying "This post uses sarcasm, I do not mean any offense or disrespect at all." or something similar.

But yes, I fully sympathize with your issues.
Wow, those warnings are absolutely ridiculous. I definitely wouldn't blame you if you decided to leave.
Graydee
Graydee
Yeah, these warnings are BS at best
Ziggums
Ziggums
Kaelis never really broke a real rule. His "sarcastic" remarks werent even offensive, just silly. Also, nudging somebody to not spam...really isnt against the rules, if a mod's gonna enforce em, they should know what the rules Are.

What the rules say: dont be a jerk, and dont threaten with reporting.
What the rules DONT say: Dont give advice on spaming.
Ghostly!
Ghostly!
You will have to hire some top notch lawyer to make these warning points slightly reasonable
Back
Top Bottom