Terraria Community Forums

ekinator
ekinator
An "experimental" option in the config file to ignore the looping prevention is enough for me.
yeah it can make the game potentially unstable, but I don't care.
Omnir
Omnir
Not to but in, but I remember we tried it once. And servers/computers crashed. No bueno
Yoraiz0r
Yoraiz0r
Logic gates emit smoke if they are forced to change state (on/off) more than once per "wire trip" - this is a feature done to prevent infinite loops, if an infinite loop was not stopped the game would cease responding and you'd have to force close its process. :p
ekinator
ekinator
yeah I am completely aware of that. The only thing I want to not happen anymore is this:
http://i.imgur.com/5bBAYaQ.gifv
It is not creating an infinite loop, but still getting triggered when the incoming signals are not gone through the same amount of gates.
ekinator
ekinator
Maybe not turn the feature off completely, but let it loop a set amount of times until stopping the process?
Yoraiz0r
Yoraiz0r
It would really be better if you explained what is your goal regardless of gates - this setup isn't ideal no matter how you look at it; Allowing multiple state-swaps/loops is going to take a big toll on the game performance wise depending on how it is used.
Yoraiz0r
Yoraiz0r
for example, imagine if a loop runs 100 times and is connected to 1000 blocks with actuators - each of these has to get synced on the server too, so its an issue.
Back
Top Bottom