ppowersteef
GG

Have fun with the most generic perfect armor of the game :v
VictorLes
VictorLes
Now you only need a generic house
Xylia
Xylia
You got lots of guts mentioning Starbound here in Terraria forums, lol. j/k. Well, half joking. Lots of people seem to hate that game, dunno why it gets so much hate. I rather like it.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
I understand some of the hate if they're talking about how the game runs on some systems. Hell, for me, the game runs pretty slowly on my laptop while Terraria runs nice and smooth... with some rare stutters here and there.

PS: Overall, like the game but don't like the fact the game is kinda boring without modding it.
VictorLes
VictorLes
^ like minecraft it gets boring fast without mods
Xylia
Xylia
Well, thankfully SB is built around modding in mind and you don't need special loaders, API hooks, etc to mod it and it has debugging support built-in. And it uses JSON and LUA which are rather easy to learn the basics so you can debug mods yourself.
Xylia
Xylia
But I hear people crapping on the game because of everything from its combat, to its style, to "lack of content" and everything else. *sigh* And yes, it's not the most well optimized, but a lot of games are like that. *shrugs* And it runs fine on my almost 5 year old PC, so...
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
If I could get my old computer working then I'd love to test Starbound on it. This laptop I'm on is much younger than my computer and the game runs pretty slowly on it with some hiccups where the game runs smoothly. So... wonder how well it'd run on a much older system.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
At this point, the laptop is near three or four years old while my desktop is a little over a decade old.
Xylia
Xylia
Hmm, it's difficult to tell, might not run so good. SB is rather taxing on CPU/RAM, depends on what that computer has/had in it.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Only wonder as I know that there is such thing as 'too good' when it comes to computers and issues cropping up as a result. (Not just with something like Starbound)

Like, for instance, Sven Co-op (And/or Half-Life) runs perfectly fine on my old as hell desktop but it lags whenever I move or turn when I run it on my laptop.
Xylia
Xylia
Might have something to do with it doesn't like the laptop's "mouse" (trackpad?) OR, if you have a mouse plugged into the laptop, maybe having two pointer devices "connected" simultaneously might be causing issues. Laptops are... not really for gaming IMO. lol.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
I don't have this issue with any other game.

Added: Anyway, here isn't exactly the place to trouble shoot something. So... I'll cease replying to anything that is continuing in that direction.
Back
Top Bottom