Terraria Community Forums

ppowersteef
ppowersteef
4 years ago, I’ve started my education as developer, It was an amazing school as almost everyone, including the teacher, was a gamer. They also did several games together. One of these games included Terraria, back when I thought it was a 2D Minecraft, I didn’t bothered too much by the game and preferred to play Minecraft instead.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I also played SMBX back then, and since I realized that Terraria was made from the same developer. I found it worth to give Terraria a try. And I wouldn’t have known how much impact it has made in my life since then.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I’ve played it, and enjoyed the experience (back when it was in 1.1). Yet still, I was only like ‘Once I’ve finished this game, I’ll look for something else instead.’ But then I noticed a new massive update was happening soon…1.2 was coming.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
From that moment, I was truly amazed, the developers had solved almost every struggle I had back in 1.1. The impact of Terraria 1.2 was great, really great. And knowing that it was still in development, I’ve really started to love the game. I’ve even started to abandon other online ‘main games’ I’ve played because I was making Terraria my main.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Besides that Terraria itself has made an impact on my gaming experience. It did more, much more.
I wanted to do various playthroughs with it because it has so much possibilities. And I also wanted to draw for the game, because I’ve already enjoyed drawing since then, And later I wanted to show the stuff I did to the Terraria forums. This was so far probably the biggest impact of my life.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
The Terraria community have liked what I did and supported me to do more. It felt really amazing to get such support. It felt so awesome to enjoy drawing for my favorite game and that people have enjoyed the stuff I draw as well. Although some did have said that “I could need some improvement.“. I was actually glad that they’ve replied to that though, because that comes over honest.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I’ve started to develop characters that were based on the Terraria playthroughs I did. And these OC’s have motivated me to draw them as well. But it’s unbelievable that even one of my characters, Nageru, have become so recognized by the forums. I’ve seen people that have really loved her, and they all want to spend the time for it drawing her as well.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
This all gave me so much motivation to continue what I'm enjoying doing it, because I couldn’t even have wished for a better place but the forums. I’m simply just so thankful that this all has happened in the past years…I sometimes really don’t have the words for it.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I’ve archieved more on the forums than I could ever imagine to reach. I’m so really amazed, and I’m also so thankful that it all has happened for me as well.

This all made Terraria much more than just my favorite game. It has become life-changing.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Finally, I start to think that Terraria have even helped me out to get my diploma of my education. Because at school I’ve worked with a team project with the XNA game engine. And because Terraria used the same engine as well, it has given me motivation to develop in that engine as well to make my own game. And even while the game was short, I’ve learned so much for my study because of it.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
If it wasn’t for Terraria, wouldn’t have met the forums, wouldn’t have improved into art by this much, and I would probably haven’t made a game by myself. And didn’t had a great example to use for sollicitations. I probably didn’t even had my diploma either.
So, I’ve already thanked my classmates. But I didn’t had the chance to show you my thanks.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
So I wanted to say: thank you TCF, thanks for all the laughs and fun I have gotten the last years.

A thanks to all the artists where I could have looked forward for to improve.
A thanks to all people who have helped me out in the questions I was having.
A thanks to everyone who have enjoyed my content, as that has motivated me to keep going with what I was doing.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
A thanks for all other content creators, and people who have given a twist to the forums with their own ideas. (Including all fads, trends, and totally random stuff) because these have been one of the things I’ve looked forward for visiting the forums again. And they’ve all brought me enjoyment in their own way.

You've all helped me to become a much better person.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
And no, I won’t be leaving this place after this message, I'll still stay.
But please understand that I’m at a point where I’ll go through a new phase of life.

Soon I’ll be 21 and officially an adult. I don’t know how much will chance, but I’m sure things won’t stay the same forever, so I just wanted to say that I’ve been so grateful for almost everything that has happened on the forums.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
9906e6022a.png

So, for a last time, Thank you! :D
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
You're welcome... I think? That was a lot to read through, admittedly. XD
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
We'll press forward! We won't let you down!
Back
Top Bottom