Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
Just because you dig, and place blocks and craft stuff out of stuff you find doesn't mean Terraria and Minecraft are the same. I mean, why don't I ever see any Minecraft vs Starbound stuff going on? Because, yanno, Starbound does that whole terrain manipulation thing too.
Xylia
Xylia
In the end it is just so silly... play what you want to play. All 3 games are great games.... well I can't really say that about Minecraft because I've yet to play it, but I've heard enough people saying it's great so I'll take their word on that.
FlyKip
FlyKip
Yeah you really can't compare the games that well, but people have done it. In the end it's all about what you like in a game. This is why there is often a ton of hate between the game community because they are so different, but also very similar at the same time
Xylia
Xylia
There really shouldn't be hate, though... I mean, seriously, it's a game. It's not even an online game. If you like Terraria, you play Terraria. If you like MC, you play MC. There's no reason to butt heads over which game is "better". I really don't understand where the pride comes from, I mean, these people didn't make the game.
Xylia
Xylia
They merely play it, but yet they feel they need to "fight" to make everybody know which one is better... they feel this need to enforce their opinions upon everybody else and it's just stupid. I could never understand it. I can understand someone who enjoys a game trying to convince somebody else that their game is good, but if the other person disagrees, just drop it. yeesh.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
It’s like overwatch and tf2, there’s plenty of difference between them two but people still insist they are the same, often to a fair bit of vitriol.
Although, diverting a little, in my personal opinion the community of tf2 is less toxic than overwatch’s bunch. You know something’s wrong over there when even blizzard try to correct it and are thinking of giving up.
Xylia
Xylia
Blizzard games have always had a lot of toxicity. It's because Blizzard didn't nail it down in the beginning when they had the chance. Blizzard could have outright killed Pr0nshire a very long time ago, but they ran with their tails between their legs when people resisted and trolled GMs. They should have been swinging banhammers instead.
Xylia
Xylia
But since they allow that junk (and trade chats) to continue... now a large portion of their fanbase is used to it, and it's just... the norm at Blizzard and it carried into all Blizzard games. Nobody expects them to clean it up anyday soon and the trolls etc will try to use money to get them to stop trying to clean it up.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Sounds like a :red:storm, to put it bluntly.
Xylia
Xylia
It's been going on for years. If you're not aware of World of Warcraft, there's three major places for OOC junk that they NEEDED to clean up, but didn't: Pr0nshire, Trade Chat, and PvP. The PvP... I don't think I gotta really talk about; look at League of Legends. That kind of junk, though not quite as bad as LoL.
Xylia
Xylia
Trade Chat... just general trolling, and Blizz only punishes the most egregious of examples. You can talk about crap that would never be allowed here - non-consensual sex, racism, sexually explicit conversations (or at least they are IMO), and general stuff that you'd only see in R-rated movies.
Xylia
Xylia
And pr0nshire... well on a server called Moon Guard, which is an RP server, there's a town in the game called Goldshire, it's the starter town for Humans. A huge number of players, in the 100s, go there to do erotic roleplay (a lot of it is homosexual in nature... ugh). They have their characters unequipped and in their underwear and all that junk. It's very obvious what they're doing.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Although DOTA, a valve creation, hasn’t exactly been known for a cuddly fan base either.
I’m just glad that tf2 isn’t on such a level of malice.
Xylia
Xylia
But again, Blizzard doesn't care. They tried to clean it up once, but the players mass-trolled the GMs and eventually the GMs gave up and walked away, tails between their legs and they never tried it ever again. *sigh* GMs. The guys who had banhammers. I don't get WTF they were afraid of, other than their wallets.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
So what you’re telling me is that the GMs are cowards, WOW is the new Grindr and the devs’ only concern is to their bank account?
I thought wow was alright considering my dad is a fan of it and never ran into trouble but this is just downright awful.
Xylia
Xylia
Well, see, you would only know about this if you played on Moon Guard. Sadly, I had established characters on MG before this stuff rose up and wasn't willing to pay the fees to move. If it wasn't so expensive/difficult, I woulda done it a long time ago.
Xylia
Xylia
If you don't play on MG, then the game is, for the most part, OK if you stay out of PvP (which is, game mechanics wise, horribly (un)balanced anyways).
Xylia
Xylia
It's almost like they figured "hey, it's only ONE server, so we'll just let this go, and hope none of the other servers get this bad, and/or be more aggressive about policing the remaining servers"
ChaoticFlame 多情
ChaoticFlame 多情
Some user claimed that "Minecraft's Vanilla version" has quote-on-quote 'more' items than "Terraria's Vanilla version". I find that preposterous.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Well it’s a damn shame that overwatch has to go through something like this all over again.
Next thing you know, they’re all going widowmaker and sexting each other up the arse.
And you know what doesn’t help this? Esports, because somebody will be a sore loser, and with the sort of bunch ruling overwatch now, it’s pretty much guaranteed someone or everyone will get all huffy.
Back
Top Bottom