Terraria Community Forums

Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Victorian is a category. It's simply not a big category.
StereOtaku
StereOtaku
Ok. I've never been in to roleplay to much (unless you count rpgs)
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
I don't think I've ever seen a Victorian roleplay on this site, mind you, but I've seen them before.
Droid15.24.3
Droid15.24.3
Out of the big five, I have never played in a school setting. How do those tend to run?
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Tough to say. It depends, really. From what I've heard, the first semester of LTHS was done really well.

The second semester...less so. By the time I looked into it, the IC Thread was just a back and forth between two pairs of characters. One pair was locking lips, and had been for the past three pages, the other was having a deep emotional discussion.
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
It wasn't exactly welcoming to a new arrival, so I didn't get involved.
Droid15.24.3
Droid15.24.3
Hm, I see. Well, I'll be sure to try it out at some point if a new one pops up.
Alamandra Vonn Pravus
Alamandra Vonn Pravus
i feel like school rps are usually almost always casual and involve kissing + magic
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
I think it's inevitable that a school roleplay will have some amount of romance within it, after all the characters involved are teenagers.

Additionally, I think there's no debate that magic is very common in school roleplays, because that works. Harry Potter, The Magicians, RWBY; those are only a few examples, but it just works.
StereOtaku
StereOtaku
Probaly because teen years are something everyone can relate to, and magic? Well everyone loves some sort of magic.
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Lady Cheyenne Snowfield
Personally, my favorite magical school is probably First High School, from Irregular at Magic High School.

I love the blend of magic and technology, and the fact that the magic was understood down to an exact science, with engineers specializing in developing tools to use it.
Jill
Jill
LTHS was a long story. I'd just like to say that almost all of its span on Terraria Online (about 120 pages iirc) and the first 130 or so pages on TCF were actually pretty excellent content overall, solid casual-int RP.
Jill
Jill
Unfortunately after that point random stuff kept getting thrown in, Swordbomb really morphed into arrogant mode, and the previous progression of events was forgotten. Imo it never really came back from that transition, there were moments when it got incrementally better and times it was even worse, but above all it was throwaway.
Jill
Jill
As for the actual question, I agree with post-apocalyptic but while it's had a decent following historically on TCF, when I look at other sites it seems almost absent. There's just a couple examples I saw on Iwaku which is a huge site. School is pretty hybrid but even 'pure' school, the full-on 'we are normal (right?) humans at a normal school in the present time on Earth' outweighs it.
Jill
Jill
Which I don't get at all, by the way. I've seen several of those RPs already and apart from flexing some Poundland Japanophilia, I'm baffled as to where you'd go with them.
StereOtaku
StereOtaku
Um... hello? I have something to say on your first 2 comments. I have to agree. Thats what happens to all big threads. Start off smooth, people get bored, then in come the memes.
Jill
Jill
True. Big Swordbomb definitely didn't help matters to say the least, but keeping something even just comprehensible over hundreds of pages is almost-impossible anyways. Eventually things loop back on themselves and people throw anything half-baked in to relieve the staleness.

That said, I'd love to have another casual-int RP which was able to go that far, for sure.
StereOtaku
StereOtaku
I myself am not in the roleplay scene. I'm not really one to express creativity in verbal writing. So sadly I cant relate to the whole RP part of your argument.
Jill
Jill
Aha, that's too bad, we're going through a tentative revival right now.

To simplify what I meant, the good thing about Lone Tree is it did partially succeed in letting both people who write long, fancy posts and people who prefer to write short, conversational ones... write together. Usually that doesn't work out very well since they're quite contrasting.
Jill
Jill
Sometimes it's like having two people playing a tennis match in the middle of teams having a game of football (soccer).
Back
Top Bottom