Terraria Community Forums

Stardust Guardian
Stardust Guardian
First: THe japanese thought it was 2 hard for the western audiences. Seconds: Beat every mario game u own be4 u play SMB2 Japanese version, then U should EZILY complete it.
StereOtaku
StereOtaku
First:I know that, I just didn't expect it to be... That. Second:Well... I got an emulator for every Nintendo system NDS (Besides the virtual boy of course.) and earlier... It's gonna take me a while to beat all of those...
MiltVala
MiltVala
Mericans too pleb. We rage too easily.
Xylia
Xylia
SMB2 Japanese and SMB2 USA are two entirely different games, and we did eventually get SMB2J, if you want to play that, get SMB All Stars (SNES). You'll find a game on it called "SMB: The Lost Levels".
Xylia
Xylia
@MiltVala : Until it came to The 7th Saga. The NA version is 10x harder than the JP version, due to wonky stat gains upon levelup which makes no sense why they'd tweak that.
Xylia
Xylia
Oh, and another SMB fact... NA "SMB2", is actually a Mario reskin of a totally unrelated game.. IIRC it was called something like Doki Doki Panic or something like that, and Nintendo bought the rights to it, and did a sprite swap and inserted Mario and friends instead of the original cast.
StereOtaku
StereOtaku
Yeah, it's called doki doki panic, and I know tll is the western release of the SMB2. It's kinda weird that they thought the game would be to difficult for a certain audience, but I guess that's just how it worked at the time.
Xylia
Xylia
Well to be honest... SMB: TLL is kinda ridiculous compared to nearly every other Mario game, except for the fan-made stuff.
Back
Top Bottom