Terraria Community Forums

Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
it's a shame so many people misuse the word feminism, as this is a video against fake feminism and not real feminism, but calls the fake feminism feminism.
Xylia
Xylia
You'll note I said "Radical Feminism" in my original post... and yes, people call it feminism, because that's what the "fake feminists" call it, and as such, that's what everybody knows it as. But yes, to anybody with a brain, she's talking about radical/fake feminism. The kind of feminism you see just about anywhere.
Xylia
Xylia
That doesn't make the video any less pleasant or less humorous, nor does it invalidate her points however, which she does a pretty good job at picking it apart piece by piece to show everybody why the whole fake feminism movement is just so ridiculous and flawed, why they are such hypocrites.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I know, I just wish she wouldn't call the fake feminism feminism. As it makes it appear that actual feminism is a toxic way of thinking when it's actually one everyone should share. "Radical feminism" doesn't make any sense though, because it's not an extreme version of feminism. There really CAN'T be an extreme version of it,
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
as it's simply "the belief that men and women should be treated equally." And this "radical" feminism is anything but that.
Xylia
Xylia
Well, I have a question for you: If what you call "feminism" is "the belief that men and women should be treated equally" then why not call it "gender equality" because if you call it "feminism" then that implies that you are focusing on women when what you really want is both to be equal?
Xylia
Xylia
I hold that very same belief: men and women should be treated equally (within reason; women need things like maternity leave obviously). I call it "gender equality" for that very reason. I want equality between the genders.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I think it's called feminism as to bring women to an equal level with men, however there are some cases where men have it unfairly worse (men pay higher car insurance for example).

I do prefer the terms gender equality and egalitarianism, however the latter is a mouthful. So I go by the moral code of "Be excellent to each other."
Back
Top Bottom