Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
I'm going to put this stuff in a BOX. This box is going to sit on my desk (or, if I ever get the means, a compartment underneath said desk). I don't care about glowing lights. I DO care, however, when I view a part on newegg and more than half of the overview page is taken up explaining the ludicrously complex LED system it has. (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
I. don't. care. about. glowing. lights. I just want something that works. Now, okay sure have LEDs for the people that want them, but how about offering people like me a version that has no LEDs except for functional ones (like ones that tell you POST status for debugging)? Because I know, for example, the mobo that I was looking at... (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
at least $20-30 of the $130 pricetag is just the LED system. I don't want to have to pay for something I don't care about whatsoever that has zero functionality at all. In fact, I wonder if the LEDs' system isn't draining the system of valuable resources because there must be some kind of software that runs that, and said software probably borrows processing power from the CPU.
Xylia
Xylia
And of course, more electricity travelling through the mobo means a smidge more heat too, which means you need more cooling to keep everything cool. There's just no benefit to it for the average person that doesn't go to LAN parties.
Back
Top Bottom