Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
...go into the Jungle, by myself... on Expert... with 160HP, Cactus Armor, and an Ice Blade with a few grenades (I forgot to restock)... and somehow make it out alive with enough materials to make two amazons. I'm amazed I survived that on the first attempt.
Xylia
Xylia
And I've never really seriously played on expert before.
E X P A N S I O N P A C K
Expert is a strange beast, one day you're dying 18 times, the next time you're a ninja with the dodging skills of the average Politician and end up with hermes boots and 200 HP.
Xylia
Xylia
Perhaps... but still tho, I'm a flippin newbie to Expert and I end up doing that... was just amazed lol. Now, of course, I nearly died several times... stupid bees would not cooperate. lol. But I made it out alive.
Bezixx
Bezixx
I cannot stand Normal, I always have to play Expert, especially on multiplayer because I don't like the problems of loot sharing afterwards, as there's always that someone who tries to take it first.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Also I played Normal enough times before Expert was a thing, it's abundantly easy at this point.
It's a well established rule on the Steam forums that if it's normal, the world will be Crimson, if it's expert, it will be Corruption.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Damn I suck at this game in comparison.
Bezixx
Bezixx
People usually prefer Corruption on Expert because of that 17% damage reduction, but then Crimson evens that late game with non-Expert stuff such as Ichor or Vampire Knives and a few other weapons.
Yeah, Vampire knives are nice, but when it comes to tank melee, 17% damage reduction along with 4 defense from Warding is invaluable.
Xylia
Xylia
Or, yanno, do both. Doesn't the Scarf come from EoW? Get the Scarf and then go over to Crimson that way you got everything lol.
We usually prefer to have just one world.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Vampire Knives can outdo the damage reduction late game, there are tons of defense items already. Tho Worm Scarf might be useful against Moon Lord if you are not good at dodging or outrunning him.
I mean... 128(ish) defense, tank the moonlord's head laser without health return mechanics kinda tank melee.
Bezixx
Bezixx
If you play melee and you don't use defensive bettle armor, potions and something else like frozen turtle shell, then you are doing something wrong. Also the head laser is dodgeable.
Why dodge when you can... not do that (I got nothing.)

Also, by the time you get to the Beetle Armor you already have Manaless Magi- I mean, sword projectiles.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Every sword or offensive melee weapon ( so pickaxes and other utility stuff don't count ) has some kind of manaless projectile at this point of the game. Whips are an exception but then Solar Eruption has tons of range and multihits. Also in multiplayer you can use Paladin Shield, as then you only take 75% of the damage, so you can still stack it up with everything else. And the potions, they are OP sometimes.
Back
Top Bottom