Terraria Community Forums

Catman8274
Catman8274
I've fought it 3 or 4 times so far. The first time it despawned, but didn't kill me. The rest resulted in death.
Catman8274
Catman8274
Perhaps it might be time to activate Try-hard Mode.
Catman8274
Catman8274
Gonna go find some heart statues and set them up rather quickly, thanks to the Grand Design.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Plantera is easier to fight with a large, cleared chamber that you lead it too. Preferably something of your own creation using a pre-existing area in the Jungle. The rest would be you having to add at least a campfire and heart lantern to help with health regen. Maybe even multiple depending on the size.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
In short, Plantera HATES circles and fighting it by making circles around it tends to be the best way to defeat it. Plus, the less that it can get to move the less chance the clamps at the end of its vines can hit you as they can do a decent amount of damage.
Catman8274
Catman8274
I tried to expand my Queen Bee arena. It's hard to do when everything is assaulting you even with Peace Candles.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Bee Hives tend to be way too small for a boss like Plantera AND the honey can restrict movement. The Jungle itself tends to spawn large enough chambers to make use of with little modification on your part.
Catman8274
Catman8274
My usual habits of fighting Plantera somewhat arenaless kinda worked but I ended up dying in the end.
Catman8274
Catman8274
You assume it was just the hive. It was not. It was decently sized area. Perfect for dodging QB's attacks. With campfires and everything.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Again, campfires and heart lanterns work wonders. Also so do the various buff potions you can craft (Endurance, Iron Skin, Regeneration, and Swiftness potions respectively).
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
To your other post there, I say that the Queen Bee isn't Plantera (Captain Obvious here). What works for one boss doesn't always work for the other.
Catman8274
Catman8274
So I've figured out. Btw, is there anything that can stop everything from assaulting me even with Peace Candles? It's very annoying when trying to improve that place. I am wearing Turtle Armor... Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Back
Top Bottom