Terraria Community Forums

RavageTheSavage
RavageTheSavage
Because longtime fans totally haven't been waiting for another :red: rival since forever ago. I personally don't care, but shouting that out in bold just feels like a bad move.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
A ':red: rival' is just your enemy and someone you harbor ill will towards. A 'friendly rival' is just someone you feel competitive with and don't have any ill will towards. Which, if this game is geared more towards kids and the crowd that likes Pokemon Go then it's a perfect fit. In short, don't think this game is for you if you're having a problem with that.
RavageTheSavage
RavageTheSavage
yes this is ninja'd war

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm pretty cool with how the game's shaping up so far, just a little bit iffy on the fact that you can't battle wild Pokemon (and even then, knocking out wild animals and leaving them for dead is a cruel practice anyways). I'm sympathetic to the people that were hoping we were getting Blue again.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
The same isn't necessarily a good thing. In fact, I'd say those people are setting themselves up for disappointment and they'll have no one else to blame but themselves.

Added: Interestingly doing something different also isn't necessarily a good thing. That said, a friendly rival is something hard to do wrong and a ':red: rival' tends to be difficult to adequately pull off.
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
I don't like the friendly rivals. I didn't feel competitive with anyone from X&Y because they were all friendly and garbage pushovers. It's looking to be exactly the same here.

The new catching mechanic is actually great imo, though I wish that was put on top of being able to battle wild pokemon. Before, rapid pressing the A button to throw 20 balls in a row to catch a legendary was not compelling gameplay
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Guess what? You don't have to get the game. Still will standby the thought that this game isn't for hardcore and longtime fans. In fact, it didn't feel marketed towards them. It feels more geared towards those that liked Pokemon Go. Who would have thought, huh? Good thing it's not part of the core series, right?
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
You know? Considering the constant complaints of 'this game is bad as it's too easy' that Gen 6 and some of Gen 7 gets with most of the (optional) mechanics introduced in those games.
RavageTheSavage
RavageTheSavage
I don't know. Personally, I loved the friends you had in X/Y. There was some way they acted towards you, with each other, and the music that played when around them that just made me feel "these guys are my friends". The battles with them didn't really feel tough or competitive, but they didn't need to for me. It was more of a "let's just have a good time" thing than whoever won or lost, and that was okay.
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
Trust me, I'm not wasting my money on it. The two games ARE core titles. The last 3 pairs of games in the series were all easy and focused on younger audiences, so nearly everyone else is really tired of it.

It's insulting.

Now, I would probably have bought it because I have a shiny larvitar on Pokemon GO. But... oh boy. Only Kanto Pokemon are transferrable.. nice.
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
Also, why do defensive, Talon? My first comment you responded to was praising the game more than hating on it.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
The games were only as easy as you made them to be. If you made use of the Affection system then you made the game easier. If you used Mega Evolutions then you made the game easier. If you used the Exp. Share then you made the game easier. If you used Z-Moves then you made the game easier. Noticing a pattern here?
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
They were easy by default. Even without the use of literally anything you mentioned, bro. But, not using those features (especially things like Megas and Z moves which are one of the defining things about a generation) makes the experience feel even emptier.

Defending this stuff isn't good, dude. Kids will play these games regardless, so watering them down isn't good for anyone.
Back
Top Bottom