Terraria Community Forums

GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
A part of me wonders whether or not I was perceived as cringey when I was younger when I was just enjoying the games I loved. I mean, probably, given how stupid I was just in general, but still.
Bezixx
Bezixx
It's not exactly a problem with them having fun, but rather throwing Fortnite and related memes into everything. I. E. Fortnite dance that I keep seeing literally everywhere.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
That's still kids being kids. They see other people doing memes and :red: and they imitate. Its how they learn and who are we to scold them without teaching them 'right from wrong'? When it comes to kids patience is key... and a whole lot of ways of venting your frustrations in a healthy manner when things goes awry.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Except I don't vent my frustrations, I'm just saying that it is one of the main reasons for said negativity. I usually ignore those kids when I can, but often it's not just kids who put all this stuff in your face. Remember how people despised Undertale's fandom and what were the reasons for it?
Bezixx
Bezixx
Also it's worth considering how difficult it is to teach or have patience with adults to start with ( now imagine trying to reach early teens ), not everyone would be willing to be open-minded and take part in a healthy, constructive discussion, which is prominent on both sides. But speaking of Fortnite kids, they hardly seem to listen, if ever. Even gently suggesting that something's wrong spawns toxicity.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
I'd say that's because once you become an adult you become more set on one way. Just have to look at our elderly to see how true that can be. Kids aren't really much the same and those early years are where how you as a person begins to take shape. Those that act in a toxic manner only do so because that's likely all they know thus far.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Toxicity brews more toxicity, and this also extends to outside the Internet. For the rest of us, the most we can do is try. Nothing changes if nothing is done. Don't agree then we don't have much else to discuss.
Bezixx
Bezixx
"Toxicity brews more toxicity" if only many people recognized it or even didn't try to abuse it in some cases.
Back
Top Bottom