GawenStarTeller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• In relation to the status I just posted, one of our cats, Floofy, was just diagnosed with kidney issues, similar to his best friend, Cooper, who is no longer with us. Please pray for him. He doesn't deserve to go so soon...
    20220127_084830.jpg
    If I were to choose a single cause to pledge my soul and devote most of my finances to, recent experiences have made me realise it would probably be affordable health care for pets. I get that they're a luxury, but watching something so beloved slip away from you while also being crippled financially... it's not right.
    calamine lotion is healthy for you actually, i drank some and it only took the doctors in the emergency room 30 minutes to revive me
    to all the litterers out there, how difficult is it to not throw plastic waste into rivers and oceans? coming from someone who has never thrown plastic waste into rivers and oceans
    Reactions: nsu_chimera
    N
    nsu_chimera
    when i saw your pfp and the first clause i was really hoping this post was from the perspective of a deer
    Adalicia
    Adalicia
    I do not litter, though I feel that it bears mentioning that most litter-ers likely do not dispose of their waste by directly placing it in a body of water.

Rather, it seems to be swept along into them by rain and floods.

This would shift the question to: "Why litter at all?"
    To which the general answer is likely: "laziness."
    N
    nsu_chimera
    the ocean can have a few car batteries. as a treat.
    Controversial subject, I know, and I feel like it might be unfit for a status post, but can we please put a stop to the stigma that everyone who is against abortion is an irredeemable :red:? And by this I mean eliminate the mentality of "only a psychopath would adopt your opinion and you're completely invalid for your perspective" type of garbage. (continued)
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    I agree that there's a lot of hypocrisy coming from several individuals that harbor the opinion, and that's part of the reason why the anti-abortion crowd is perceived in such a negative light. But I feel to lump them all into a single group is a generalization and that it's a spectrum; the members that actually have a level head on their shoulders likely do care about living conditions after birth.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    They'd probably also be more so attempting to dissuade you from pursuing abortion, rather than adopting the mentality of "this should be banned outright"... but I suppose that's still pro-choice. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that being completely against abortion is still a feasible outlook on the controversy, even if it can be very much oppressive.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    There's a philosophical grey line where people have to ponder if the abortion of a fetus is truly robbing someone of a potential life. I still a sane reaction. And people on the other side of the argument deserve to be treated fairly, and not be lumped in with the actual crazies... until they present different, crueler colours, that is.
    The worst part of April Fools isn't April Fools itself, but rather, stumbling across April Fools jokes a few days afterwards when you're browsing previously submitted messages and getting bamboozled by them because you're no longer in the headspace to avoid April Fools pranks like the plague.
    I've been contemplating switching out my avatar for a while as of late, but on second thought, I think I'll keep it. The expression pretty accurately summarizes my opinion on global events right now.
    • Love
    Reactions: MagicasquirrelTMT
    Esther
    Esther
    Same here, though my discord profile picture also summarizes it with the blank expression.
    Just saying, but out of all the potential apocalyptic scenarios out there, nuclear Armageddon is one of the options I'd rather not end up happening. Man-made climate change seems like a much more respectable way of going out.
    i don't get uncomfortable when african americans use the n-word because i'm white and i'm envious that i can't say it, i get disturbed because the n-word is racist
    D
    DeletedAccount8
    I only get disturbed if it's used incredibly frequently.
    Like in To Kill a Mockingbird.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    It's hard to phrase these sorts of things out a paranoia that it'll be received as controversial, but I guess I've just conditioned myself to physically cringe at its usage because of how offensive it is, regardless of the circumstance. And that's always been the case, I feel like that's relatively normal. So it displeases me to see some people say it so frequently, independent of race.
    Champion Greninjoid
    Champion Greninjoid
    The way I see it, people in a group can use slurs attributed to that group. Which isn’t to say I’d use it, which I wouldn’t, since I’m not a part of that group. But I don’t mind it as much when an African American says it rather than someone who’s not.
    Did it ever bother anyone else that at the end of the film adaption for Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, Dumbledore is bold enough to taste one of the Every Flavoured Beans, and almost immediately concludes that it's earwax flavoured? Almost as if, for whatever reason, he'd tasted earwax before? it keeps me up at night
    This is sort of a rhetorical question because I'm basically just exasperated at this point, but what reasonable explanation does Russia have to take over Ukraine in the modern age when they're already the biggest country by land distribution and any of their civil issues could be solved through diplomatic trading and structural improvement?
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    If we want to go into detail about it, it's to prove that Russia is still relevant on a global scale... America especially has downplayed Russia for a while now...
    Furthermore, there has been an agreement with the NATO to not expand further towards Russia... Ukraine joining, or even receiving protection (I might be wrong with the precise details) is technically breaking that agreement...
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    Overall, it's still dumb to risk a global war about it...

But please, don't hurt yourself because of it. Nothing is worth inflicting self harm. And there are still people that care about you... Just as you worry about your parents...
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    Soooo basically the only "reason" that Russia would have for invading Ukraine is because Putin is insecure about NATO making a move on the country, which they would only have plausible cause to do if Russia did something shady, such as... invading Ukraine. Wouldn't call that a sound excuse, but it's incredibly obvious at this point that they have literally no explanation to do this except to be :red:s.
    to the patches of ice that my shovel gets caught on while shoveling snow: :red: you
    I kind of want to be optimistic about the quality of Pokemon Legends Arceus, but I can't stop myself from being cynical because it follows the consistent trend nowadays of open world games being hyped for the sake of being open world. wow i'm a broken record at this point
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Those elements make the game a lot more interesting in my opinion. ->
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    That said I still don't plan to play it myself since I still have several other JRPGs from last year that I've still been meaning to finish (Tales of Arise and Shin Megami Tensei V). I am interested in hearing from others who play it on how good it is and from what I've heard, impressions have been pretty favorable. ->
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Other than that I agree that a game being open world isn't enough on its own to make me interested in it or get hyped for it.
    Come to think of it, if eyebrows weren't a thing that were present since birth and they only started growing once you hit puberty, it might be customary to shave them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom