Terraria Community Forums

UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
That must suck.
Lunatic Lobbyist
Lunatic Lobbyist
How come?

Usually this happens due to numerous copyright notices, but even then, it's most often bots wrongfully reporting channels that did nothing wrong. Damn you Russia!! :merchantmad:
hopelesspolaroid
hopelesspolaroid
well... It got suspended for Muh and Mfw HaTe SpEeCh
Lunatic Lobbyist
Lunatic Lobbyist
Hm. Was this all for one measily comment on another channel, or was this multiple warnings over videos you uploaded... etc?

Of course you don't need to divulge anything here if you prefer not to. Youtube's weird authoritarian rules over what's acceptable to say on there (along with other popular social media) is just kinda fascinating to me.
hopelesspolaroid
hopelesspolaroid
I don't :red:ing know but gotta say, Youtube is Authoritarian af
Lunatic Lobbyist
Lunatic Lobbyist
Yep. To be honest, the moment I read your status my first thought was "ah geeze hope it's not for hate-speech... aka wrong-think" just knowing how notoriously bad youtube has been lately about this.

I was recently shadow-banned on *all* youtube comments for at least a couple weeks or more.
Lunatic Lobbyist
Lunatic Lobbyist
Why was I? No idea -- just know my comments looked like they were posting to me while logged-in, but the moment I logged out it was like they never existed.

If they're going to ban someone for something they said, it needs to be mentioned EXPLICITLY what it was before or at least upon the ban. Otherwise they just look like they're banning people for no good reason... which is quite possible.
Lunatic Lobbyist
Lunatic Lobbyist
Anyway, good luck to ya. I know some people had to make a new Google account when crap like this has happened to them... not sure how much the effort is worth to you though.
Have a good one.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
The first step toward a totalitarian culture is the death of free speech. If you take the voice of the people away, what voice do they have to listen to but the voice of those who pull the strings?
neoselket
neoselket
Aw man, that's gotta suck. I'm sorry dude.
hopelesspolaroid
hopelesspolaroid
doremi。
doremi。
@Lunatic Lobbyist I know Russia might be USA's enemy, but not all actions are by Russia's. It might be some terrorist activity or something aside from Russia and her allies.
Lunatic Lobbyist
Lunatic Lobbyist
@Gabrielismo Apologies if you took that seriously -- it's how our media talks and thus I was saying so sarcastically.

I'm certain most actions we're told are Russia's fault have nothing to do with them. In fact, it's been proven at least some of it has been done to the US by our own politicians which is literal treason. I sympathize with Russia for always being a convenient scapegoat/boogieman.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Eh, I can sympathize to an extent, but I still don't trust them, not after actions in Crimea or with Putin in charge. Still, it's a bad idea to lump all of your distaste onto one person or thing.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Still, with censorship rampant, China making moves in the south china sea, politics worldwide going to :red:, Russia acting increasingly questionable, America becoming more and more of a media circus, sometimes you just have to hold on and hope.
doremi。
doremi。
No sides of war are black or white, they're all grey.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Nobody's perfect, and utopia is impossible. That still doesn't mean a better world isn't possible, it's just something we have to work towards. Besides, utopia being impossible is a bit of a good thing, it means there's no ceiling. We can keep going up and up, if only we had the will too.
doremi。
doremi。
Let's just see the meltdown in Iraq, Crimea, and Georgia and hope things end in a good way.
Lunatic Lobbyist
Lunatic Lobbyist
@Gabrielismo Indeed -- there are no black/white absolutes, as with all complex issues.

If only people on *both* polarized far-reaching sides of the BS political/culture war calmed down and recognized this universal truth. It wouldn't fix everything, but it sure as hell would help a lot.
Back
Top Bottom