ThePally
ThePally
Is it that cancerous..?
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Why's that?
InstaFiz
InstaFiz
NONONO that doesn’t mean it’s cancerous! It means that it’s ridiculously popular, yo can’t go anywhere without hearing someone talk about it, and some people (not me) get annoyed when others talk about it.
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Ah that!
Hmm...Well I would say that you are correct in such senses.
ThePally
ThePally
I haven't seen anyone get annoyed about calamity, but I myself was slightly irritated when in some news post people asked the Terraria devs to consider calamity in official lore or something. Like no, fan fiction is not canon. Lemme look for it...
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
That seems rather odd.
But I do see why people would ask such things.
It's most likely because they want to include things that they like, into the medium in which it would fit in pretty well.
Either that, or I ate too much green juice, and I now have 12 hands.
The Storm
The Storm
Well calamity is a very well made mod with tons of things whereas fortnite is just another micro-transaction infested battle royale.
ThePally
ThePally
tbf Fortnite is kind of a trendsetter.

It was supposed to be PUBG, but they screwed up and are now irrelevant.

Not that I care for either.
InstaFiz
InstaFiz
Fortnite isn’t pay-to-win. They’re just cosmetics.
The Storm
The Storm
I never said pay to win, just "Micro-transaction infested" :dryadwink:
InstaFiz
InstaFiz
You make it sound like a problem, though. I see nothing wrong with having lots of cosmetic micro transactions.
The Storm
The Storm
I feel that cosmetics should be earned like in Terraria, locking them behind real money in my opinion is greedy. (I'd rather the game be a one time payment)
Eli10293
Eli10293
Then where is Fortnite suppose to get any profit at all? It is not a big deal that a company locks cosmetics of all things behind a paywall. It would be a different story if it was something that actually gave you an edge over other players. Terraria and Fortnite are two completely different games and, as such, monetized in different ways.
ThePally
ThePally
Once again though. "It's just cosmetic" doesn't validate any excessive monetization. Cosmetics absolutely do affect enjoyment of the game.

I am not saying Fortnite was monetizing excessively, again, I don't care.
Just "It's only cosmetic" is not a great defense.
Back
Top Bottom