Terraria Community Forums

Dapling
Dapling
I don't understand how people still think Terraria is a minecraft clone, there isn't a single thing that is identical in both games...
2d Minecraft
2d Minecraft
#CreeperCostume #Sandbox #Pixels #FishingMechanics #BeatThatBrutha
Dapling
Dapling
lol you just described starbound except the creeper costume.
Let's see... a full creeper costume isn't in minecraft, terraria has no survival elements and is more focused on combat and exploration, literally EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE uses pixels because that's how computers and consoles work, and fishing in terraria has an extra level of depth to it called "having separate loot for every biome." #IJustBeatThatBrutha
2d Minecraft
2d Minecraft
Yeah but in Terraria you can actually see the pixels without having to use some super computer skills to see the sprites up close and notice their pixels. Aaaand minecraft is also focused on combat and exploration and another thing is that they both have creative mode. Although Terraria technically doesn´t have creative YET, and it has different mechanics. It still holds the title of creative mode.
2d Minecraft
2d Minecraft
They are similar in ways you could not imagine
2d Minecraft
2d Minecraft
Aaaaaaaand Terraria is technically survival. You are in a world with nothing but some tools and your wits. You have a health bar and can be killed by 99% of everything in the world, and you can eat even if you don´t get hungry in this case. #Counter
Dapling
Dapling
You know what other game has you alone in a world with nothing but your tools? Super Metroid, that just invalidated basically everything you said. Terraria is more close to a metroidvania then a true survival games. And survival games also invariably have hunger because you have to SURVIVE, as in live off the land.
Dapling
Dapling
When the goal in a game is to survive, there generally is a large penalty for dying and there is almost always a hunger mechanic. Terraria has neither of these things. Therefore, it is not a survival game. Terraria has it's goal be to defeat almost everything and gain more and more power. Minecraft's goal is to be in a sustainable situation.
Dapling
Dapling
If you still think that Terraria is a Minecraft ripoff, you probably haven't even beaten wall of flesh. And in the unlikely scenario you have, you haven't walked 100 feet away from spawn and realized that your world is now being eaten by eldritch beasts.
Dapling
Dapling
Also, Minecraft has pixels smaller than terraria. It just has it's models give the illusion of large pixels. Terraria's graphics use pixels of exactly 2x2, meaning that it's sprites have a pixel aesthetic to them, but the actual pixels are half the size of what you think.
Dapling
Dapling
In what world does Terraria have creative mode? You can't spawn every enemy, you can't turn on god mode, and most of all you CANNOT just pull every item out of nowhere.
Dapling
Dapling
Finally, Minecraft is not nearly as combat oriented as Terraria. Terraria has over 15 bosses and 300 enemies, while minecraft's combat system is about spam clicking with timing at whatever gets in your face. Minecraft also has only 2 bosses, while Terraria had Invasion Events for 8 YEARS before minecraft did.
Dapling
Dapling
And Terraria isn't like a minecraft modpack either, as the bosses actually flow into each other nicely and there are a large variety of mechanics that minecraft can only dream of. You should know that I love both games and treat them as separate because a full playthrough of either game is completely different.
Dapling
Dapling
In short, you should play Terraria if you want a fleshed out RPG that happens to have building and little to no story. You should play minecraft if you want an extremely flexible survival experience, with a dizzying array of blocks to choose from.
Dapling
Dapling
Also, don't say "They are similar in ways you can't imagine" If you very obviously don't know what you're talking about. I have been playing Terraria for 6 years and Minecraft for 8 years, both across 3 different consoles. You think I would let something slip under my radar?
2d Minecraft
2d Minecraft
i have several questions
Dapling
Dapling
Then ask them.
2d Minecraft
2d Minecraft
Well, for one thing, i already knew the answers to the questions you think i may ask, i have questions about why you are still talking to me. And i have beaten Wof. I am waaaay past him in fact. I kill moonlord for fun and have a collection of every drop he has including expert mode items and i know the games deepest secrets and hacks. I know the difference between minecraft and terraria.
Back
Top Bottom