Terraria Community Forums

J Bame
J Bame
It's the walk cycle. The way it quickly moves its little legs is so cute. It'd probably look more threatening with 6 legs, but what do I know
The Storm
The Storm
You think this is cute?:
kuiDfQC.gif

Also I'm not animating 6 legs :dryadtongue:
Williamplayz63
Williamplayz63
Then how about 5 legs or eight?
The Storm
The Storm
:dryadcry: But that's too many.
Williamplayz63
Williamplayz63
Yeah I was just joking
Boop Noodle
Boop Noodle
If I had Ideas, could I submit them to you?
Williamplayz63
Williamplayz63
What would be good is if the pillar mobs dropped something
The Storm
The Storm
Well the Storm Diver actually drops something :dryadsmile:
qwerty3.14
qwerty3.14
I sggust shooting the projectile from npc.Top instead of npc.Center.
Also I think it's be better if the projectile had some inital upward velocity and then ajusted its velocity graually instead of just always heading slowly toward the player.
The Storm
The Storm
I never knew npc.Top was a thing, also I should do the second thing, also the rocket follows you much more slowly already, kinda like the Evolution Beast's projectile.
qwerty3.14
qwerty3.14
Whenever I make homing projectiles I like to use on of these methods. I feel they're both a lot better than the simple move at constant speed toward target.

The 'gravity method'
Instead of using a constant speed accelerate toward the target.
Highly recommend you have a max speed, otherwise projectiles will go very fast if they fly in a straight line.
I like using this to punish players moving in a straight line.
qwerty3.14
qwerty3.14
The 'rocket method'
You decide where the 'front' of your projectile is, the projectile's velocity is in that direction.
The projectile slowly turns its 'front' toward the target.
I like using this for rockets, it's also good if you don't want the projectile 'sticking' to its target.
The Storm
The Storm
The code I have for the homing is very basic right now :dryadtongue: Tommorrow I'll see if I can do the rocket method, as that's what I really want.
The Storm
The Storm
I decided to just make it fire non-homing rockets in a burst, and now it only stops moving when firing.
fGj41nG.gif

I felt the homing rocket was too overpowered for the pillar already. Plus I really had no idea how to make it more advanced.
Boop Noodle
Boop Noodle
If you could, you should make some sort of "Pillar Derp" event, and it's just a wave of a whole lot of pillar derplings.
qwerty3.14
qwerty3.14
Something about the dust spawning position looks a little off. How are you spawning dust?
qwerty3.14
qwerty3.14
It also looks slighlty off when shooting from the npc. I think the hitbox is off. Use modder's toolkit to look at it.
The Storm
The Storm
I thought I fixed the latter, I just used NPC.Top to do so, also what about the dust? The trial or the explosion?
The Storm
The Storm
C#:
int dust = Dust.NewDust(projectile.position - projectile.velocity, projectile.width, projectile.height, 229, 0f, 0f, 200, default, 0.8f);
                Main.dust[dust].velocity *= -1f;
                Main.dust[dust].noGravity = true;
Ah I forgot to set this to projectile.Center

Plus the projectiles only spawn every 4 frames and I have an int set up for that.
qwerty3.14
qwerty3.14
That's correct since it randomly spawns it in a rectangle defined by parameters. The first parameter should be the top left of the rectangle you want to spawn dust in, and projectile.position is the top left of a projectile hitbox.
Back
Top Bottom