Terraria Community Forums

Cherrizy
Cherrizy
:red:?

:red:????
Xylia
Xylia
That's basically how it works, in a nutshell. Of course this is an over-dramatized, over-satirized version but that's basically how it is. Kids are denied tattoos but health systems are eager to render irreversible surgery that can permanently screw someone's body up to a kid who isn't deemed able to make permanent decisions on anything else (like tattoos) or even isn't deemed to be able drive a car.
Cherrizy
Cherrizy
In my country, we are required to get a psychiatrists permission to get ANY sort of gender affirming care whatsoever. And we are strongly recommended to get a second opinion aswell. I personally dont know much about how it works in America, but i DO know that America is not the entire world (1)
Cherrizy
Cherrizy
and i am sick and tired of people pretending like getting gender affirming care is as easy as getting a tattoo when that is completely false for most countries.
Im personally going to have to wait until im at least 25 before i can even begin any sort of treatment. I hope you realize how much it hurts to know im going to be stuck in a body i despise for another 7 years. (2)
Cherrizy
Cherrizy
But yeah
whatever
just focus on the 0.0000001 percent of cases where a kid actually does :red: up and act like trans people want that to happenits easier that way trust me (3)
Xylia
Xylia
The problem is, is that America is a rather large nation, and plenty of kids *ARE* being messed up by their parents and their beliefs, and some of the kids are brainwashed into thinking how they think. Not saying ALL of them are, so please put the pitchfork away. Now, I do agree that America SHOULD adopt those kinds of rules, but you see... (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
.... if we tried to suggest that one should need a psychiatrist's opinion, then you'd get lefties in America going "WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THEY ARE MENTALLY ILL!?!?!?" (this does actually happen). It's a mess over here, and yes the video specifically says that it is talking about a state in the USA. (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
It is not saying that this happens all over the world (because it obviously doesn't; there are places in the world where you'd be shot instead. (cont) As for your case, well. Many people, including myself, who are not transgender, or have gender dysphoria dislike, hate, loathe, etc their bodies. I think I'm ugly AF. But it is the body I was born in, so I just deal with it.
Xylia
Xylia
I know I'll never attract a girl with my looks, in fact, my looks are a good reason why I'm single at 43. Oh well. Probably better off that way. Sure I'd love to have a girl but meh. I'm not hugely worried about it.
Xylia
Xylia
And one more thing: I am not gender dysphoric... but yet there are days I wish I had been born a woman. If I had, I would probably have found a man, been married, and if I played my cards right, I could have gotten a guy who would provide for me, and I'd have a nice good life. But no, I'm single at 43 and struggling to take care of the house that was left to me by my parents last year.
Xylia
Xylia
But yet despite all of that.... I'm a man, and a man I will remain, I just have to deal with it, and all the crap a man goes through in his daily life, alone and single.
Cherrizy
Cherrizy
alright
this will take a while to finish so pls bare with me
Back
Top Bottom