Terraria Community Forums

Contemplator
Contemplator
I just learned it too now that I've seen this post. Disappointed but not surprised.

Also, anyone who thinks that lesbians can be "fixed by men" (as well as gay being "fixed by women") just baffles me.
FalloutGuy645
FalloutGuy645
Tbh I’m still trying to understand the difference between pansexual and bisexual...

Anyways people who argue being lesbian and liking men is the funniest oxymoron I’ve seen. Tbh comments like these though are why I don’t really catch up with labels. It creates unnecessary drama and—as evident above—people abuse it.
Contemplator
Contemplator
Tbh I’m still trying to understand the difference between pansexual and bisexual...
Based on my understanding, bisexual people are attracted to two sexes/gender (it varies from one person to another). In comparison, pansexual people are attracted to all gender and sexes.

PS, to anyone who reads this, feel free to add/correct anything I missed/said wrong.
FalloutGuy645
FalloutGuy645
I won’t get into genders, but at a biological level, there are two sexes. It does get more complicated when a person has an extra sex chromosome, but to my understanding, having a Y chromosome makes you a biological boy, even against 2 X sex chromosomes (this is an abnormality anyways). If you’re someone like me, you’ll look at a person and think boy or girl, not anything else.
FalloutGuy645
FalloutGuy645
That’s what I mean when I say I don’t understand the difference between pansexual or bisexual, because discussing more than two sexes (and to an extent, more than two genders) just doesn’t make sense to me.
Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
Based on my understanding, bisexual people are attracted to two sexes/gender (it varies from one person to another). In comparison, pansexual people are attracted to all gender and sexes.

PS, to anyone who reads this, feel free to add/correct anything I missed/said wrong.
That’s the basis so you’re good
Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
I won’t get into genders, but at a biological level, there are two sexes. It does get more complicated when a person has an extra sex chromosome, but to my understanding,
My pal chromosomes aren’t the defining factor to determine one’s sex, you can easily look that up btw
Here’s a link to the site I found
Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
And all I’m gonna say is, well you don’t have to support you just have to respect, so if you have/show respect towards us then you’re good in my books
I’m just gonna leave this at that
FalloutGuy645
FalloutGuy645
@Greyrach Ellie/Eleanor⚡️🔮 my assumption was a comment I made from an old friend in my bio class who claimed was an observation from his gender studies teacher. I’m finding your source to be skeptical at best, as you probably will with mine. To my understanding though, gender and sex are different correct? I’ve always assumed sex was biological
FalloutGuy645
FalloutGuy645
I will most likely never understand the whole labels debacle given the environment I grew up in, but I don’t need to. I have a friend who is pansexual and has struggled with gender dysphoria so I get it. For people on “my side” all we ask is for respect given back and in return we can respect those who differ in beliefs.
Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
To my understanding though, gender and sex are different correct? I’ve always assumed sex was biological
I honestly do not know with this one I should probably but I do not
all we ask is for respect given back and in return we can respect those who differ in beliefs.
ofc, if what I said came across as rude I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to be rude at all
FalloutGuy645
FalloutGuy645
You’re not being rude at all. No apology necessary. Even if you were I would understand why you would be a little on edge. That comment was more of a mutual understanding of “let’s respect each other and move on with our differences”
Doodles
Doodles
im gonna be honest, ive been thinking about this post for a while now, and I really haven't known what to say to it. but I think im going to start with, don't you think this is kind of an overreaction? maybe there's something I'm not getting here but like, what's the point of getting angry at this? im trying to be as respectful as possible here, and (1/4)
Doodles
Doodles
I don't want this to be taken as a jab at YOU specifically, but if gender/sexuality can be whatever someone wants it to be, then what really is the problem here? I mean, I've seen he/him lesbians before, and that would also imply another lesbian loving a man, so I (2/4)
Doodles
Doodles
don't really get what's up here. I can sort of see where you're coming from, with this feeding into negative ideas about lesbians not being real, or being able to be "fixed by men", but I feel like somebody who holds those ideas is already bigoted lesbians in the first place. And again, I want to reiterate that I'm not (3/4)
Doodles
Doodles
trying to accuse you (or anyone else) of anything, or trying to make you feel guilty of anything, I'm just curious as to what the thinking is here. (4/4)
Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
Gonna reply to your replies as a whole(and note I’m not taking a jab at you I’m merely explaining)
So first of all it’s more of just a misuse of a label, cause being a lesbian is where you are a non-male and are attracted to females, but adding pan or bi to that is basically saying that lesbians are attracted to men,
Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
which is not what it’s saying
You can be asexual and a lesbian but that’s cause asexual is a level of the amount of sexual attraction you experience, from little to none, so that’s the difference, there are preferences available but a bi/pan lesbian is not possible as it just pushed the “men can ‘fix’ lesbians” thing and also just totally gets rid of the reason to use lesbian in the first place
Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
Gender/sexuality can be whatever you feel fits, but as long as it’s correctly used, and stuff like not all sexualities fit together as one, like bi/pan lesbians(could also just be like bi/pan gay man sorta thing as well)
Like you shouldn’t misuse labels at all, gay people like the same sex as them, not anything else and adding more onto it is pretty offensive and hugely gay erasure
Back
Top Bottom