Terraria Community Forums

neoselket
neoselket
I'm just wandering around looking for something to do because I have no idea what my objective is and the only things I can find are boring repetitive enemies and tiny structures with at most 4 enemies and a mini boss. It's just boring.
neoselket
neoselket
There's no variety in environments either, there's the grassland area, a poison swamp, and another, even bigger swamp that's 90% empty space. Most of the enemies are either boring, repetitive, or flat out copied from dark souls 3.
neoselket
neoselket
Overall I'm incredibly disappointed in it and I can't believe it's so popular. How do people enjoy this?
And no, it's not just that I don't like open world games, I actually love them, and I loved things like breath of the wild and tears of the kingdom. Elden Ring is just boring.
Average SAM Enjoyer
Average SAM Enjoyer
Maybe if you continued to progress the game instead of just staying in Limgrave and Caelid, then perhaps you would see some variety?

You are literally seeing 15% of the map.
Average SAM Enjoyer
Average SAM Enjoyer
Guides exist for a reason. If you don’t know how to progress, you should try looking up what to do next.
Hint, Margit.
Average SAM Enjoyer
Average SAM Enjoyer
Now I have to ask, have you even tried to specialize in any areas get in terms of character? I assume this isn’t your first souls game, but a lot of fun is just picking what gear to use and finding good weapons, etc.
Noobiescrubpleb
Noobiescrubpleb
Hard disagree with everything said here (except what was said by @1000-THR “Earthmover”)
There's 20 total areas include above and below ground. Of those 20 places, about 8 of them have a completely different environment.
The confusion on where to go is pretty much a souls staple, and is not at all exclusive to Elden Ring.
Noobiescrubpleb
Noobiescrubpleb
All in all you're judging something you barely know anything about. Which is not a good thing to do. Play the game, progress, then come back with your opinion.
Average SAM Enjoyer
Average SAM Enjoyer
Thanks for having the brutal honesty that I just couldn’t muster up
neoselket
neoselket
I've already killed margit and gone to liurnia, but it's still mostly just empty space with nothing interesting.
And I've never had any trouble with these things in other souls games. I always knew where to go, there was more enemy variety, and each area has something interesting rather than just a few generic enemies and a boring boss or two.
Back
Top Bottom