Terraria Community Forums

Sora_92
Sora_92
Those are adorable! I would consider adding them, but I need help how to code town pets, because never tried that before...
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
I agree that they are cute lil munchlewackers
I made them myself
here's their names
Hellstone Slime: Barbarian Slime
Cobalt Slime: Warrior Slime
TforToe 💨
TforToe 💨
@Sora_92 not sure who would be able to code it, and, unfortunately I am on Switch, so I can't play mods anyway, but I love the ideas you come up with. I think it would be cool if you had a turned-cultist also.
Sora_92
Sora_92
@TforToe 💨 Written a wall of text then forum told I can't post it, so...
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
maybe add a ninja npc that moves in after you beat king slime, that likes being with the guide and in the snow biome?
Sora_92
Sora_92
@ethan2 this was suggested a bajillion times, and some mods tried to add such. I feel like this idea usually fails, because they can't find a proper role for a ninja there. what he does? what he sells? easter eggs aside, most NPCs need to be useful, to justify why they're taking up housing space. I love Town NPCs, but they need to be "useful", not just deco.
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
Have him disappear when hurt, and reappear when the threat is gone, and have him sell kunais, ninja throwing stars, nunchucks, katanas, and many more ninja weaponry and items, alongside have him be able to replicate enemy attacks when asked so you can train yourself to dodge them
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
wouldn't that just be so cool
having him throw down a smoke bomb and teleport you and him to a massive arena of his where he will replicate enemy attacks that you chose until you get hit
or have him replicate an attack pattern
Sora_92
Sora_92
I think most enemies doesn't have complex attack patterns, that stuff is mostly for bosses. Testing that might be interesting, but not sure if the ninja is the best candidate for that. Plus... if he can mimic moon lord's deathray, how did he ended up swallowed by king slime...? XD
Sora_92
Sora_92
and no real need for an NPC to sell "ninja weapons", they're sold by others already.
If you want him in the game though, I can understand that. But he needs a proper role to justify why he's there.
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
He makes apparitions of the attacks that deal 1 damage. Could you beat king slime with a much slower flare gun that doesn't burn enemies and like 10 defense?
Sora_92
Sora_92
Not sure if defense matters, a ninja is mostly about agility and dodging, isn't it? even if his attack copies are just illusions, if he can throw shurikens and stuff, that could be still something ...although yeah, it's not that odd to lose against king slime, the player often does so too very early game XD
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
Also, maybe he could sell magical artifacts that do cool stuff when you use them?
Sora_92
Sora_92
Like what?
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
Maybe a trophy that when touched gives a buff that lasts until you die that allows all ranged attacks to have a 0.5-10% chance (depending on gun speed) to turn enemies into golden statues for 3 seconds?
Sora_92
Sora_92
not sure what would be the point of that.
also, unrelated, but never noticed before, how small is the character limit for profile comments... XD
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
it freezes enemies, making them not move, so you don't gotta aim
or maybe, a fiery artifact that halves your health but doubles your damage with that effect lasting until you die?
Sora_92
Sora_92
so, can't really write long wall of text here, but
with town NPCs, I think the key to make good NPCs is to find a role first, and then create and NPCs fitting for that. not the other way around.
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
maybe make him like the corruption and be able to live there and give a corruption pylon because there's no shortage of battles there
Coleyohley
Coleyohley
Does an NPC really need to have a purpose? Honestly if I could have dozens of useless civilians running around my castle, I would, just to make it feel more alive (as long as there was a way to get the NPCs I want first)
Back
Top Bottom