Terraria Community Forums

The Wuff
The Wuff
"Vizendel If you don't like smoking you could just stick to non-smoking areas" Aye sure... Waiting for a bus to get home from college, theres lots of non-smoking areas- oh wait, there isn't any!! Hell theres even them E-Cig users in my :red:ing College class and they can use them without even being told off! What the actual :red: is wrong with people these days eh??
suu
suu
Really depends on the country and the place.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
It sucks to see kids at my bus stop smoke. It sucks to see kids in my grade smoke. But what really sucks is that my uncle went from no smoking to E-cigs. It sucks most of all to not be able to do anything about it.
Nev
Nev
You people are aware that smoking is an incredibly strong addiction? A fun fact; heroin users have a higher percentage of quitters than smokers. People don't smoke just to be :red:s or to annoy you specifically. @The Wuff E-Cigarettes aren't real cigarettes. They contain no tobacco, and the "smoke" is just water vapor. They're basically glorified nicotine pills.
suu
suu
I'm well aware about how addictive nicotine is.

But E-Cigs are even more dangerous than regular cigs.
Nev
Nev
That's actually bull:red:. One reason e-cigs have not replaced the real deal is tobacco companies. They've done all they can to stop the e-cig from becoming commonplace because money. The other is misinformed people to whom the e-cig is just another nicotine product and therefore inherently evil.
Nev
Nev
The facts are as follows; The only compound an e-cig releases is nicotine, leaving out all the crap normal cigarettes contain. Also, as the "smoke" is only water vapor, e-cigs would literally eliminate the concept of second-hand smoking altogether.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I've seen e-cigs around and researched on them - a very good way to bring the same addiction (because nicotine) without murdering others, and greatly reducing the rate at which you kill yourself, too.

Win/win, except for the :red:s ru(i)nning the world.
Nev
Nev
Does it show that my reply was originally too long, so I had to delete part of it, then decided to split it in two and now it doesn't kinda make sense? I was about to clarify but Razor did it for me.
suu
suu
And where do you get your facts from, Nev?

The World Health Organisation called for them to be banned from indoors. You can even do a simple Google search about if they're bad or not, and there's countless articles from Health Websites and Universities saying that they are still dangerous.

Here's a simplified video if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiUXXx6kPbk
Nev
Nev
You're seriously using a study by WHO as an absolute authority? Check a few facts, their track record not to mention conduct is less than stellar at places. The latest example would be the swine flu-vaccine they claimed was perfectly safe that gave a :red:load of kids in my country narcolepsy.
Nev
Nev
There's hundreds if not thousands of brands of e-cigs, so of course there's going to be :red:ty ripoffs. I can only assume WHO used these in their tests, as I have seen reports by neutral parties that listed all the ingredients in several brands of e-cigs, and it literally was nicotine and those long-named compounds that make stuff taste like other stuff.
Nev
Nev
The reason some manufacturers add that crap in their product is the same why that crap is present in normal cigs; they can jack up the price. There are many "honest" brands out there, but the lack of specific legislation means they drown in the sea of ripoffs. As for the second hand smoke-thing, the water vapor is not connected to the nicotine tank, so no actual second hand smoking happens.
suu
suu
Want more information? Check the description.

Other than that, you didn't say anything to counter argue against that video apart from saying that they are wrong.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
Please, lets not start a war here, shall we?
suu
suu
I don't think it's a flamewar unless insults start to be thrown at each other. As once as there's an insult, I'll stop, report, and move on.

Sorry if this is spamming up your alerts, btw.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
I commented on Crowno's status, I'm prepared for that stuff.
suu
suu
Ahahah. XD
Nev
Nev
I totally forgot this wasn't my profile page! Crap. Should we take this to PM or something?
suu
suu
If ya' want, Nev! c:

Just as long as it doesn't turn up any bad blood between you and I, that'll suck.
Back
Top Bottom