Terraria Community Forums

ppowersteef
ppowersteef
A bit weird as that makes the other members of Re-Logic unfriendly
3en
3en
This is my attempt at being nice to a game developer/spriter. I usually hate them, but everyone in Re-Logic is so amazing it's almost painful to pick a favorite.
Crowno
Crowno
Why do you hate game developers? They make the games you love!
3en
3en
Correction : SOME of them make the games I love.

Others sell their company and buy a damn mansion. *Cough cough* NOTCH *Cough*

(I still do enjoy Minecraft though, I will admit.)
Crowno
Crowno
Well, it's their right though, don't you think? Of course game developers won't always make the decisions you wanted them to do, but they are human beings too. They have a personal life, personal choices and a personal experience that will lead them to take certain decisions , including selling their IP or even abandoning them. It's not a reason for you to hate them.
Crowno
Crowno
It might not look like it, but saying that you hate developers can make a huge negative impact on their lives. Remember they are 1 person and there's thousands, millions of people expecting something from them and telling them what to do. Try to reconsider using the word "hate", it won't make the games better for you =)
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
I would've done the same thing if i made as much money Notch has, tbh...

Like holy :red:, he made a :red:load of money
3en
3en
I apologize if I came off at saying I hated Notch, that, my dear... bird?... is not the case. I have personally met Notch, not too long ago actually, and he was a really cool guy, and now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure if the whole "OOOH NOCH SULD MIENCARFT!" thing is even true, even if it is, I personally do not care. Notch is an amazing developer.
3en
3en
There are some game developers that I do hate, I will admit, but it isn't because I do not like their games. Some reasons for me not liking certain developers is because they usually follow these criteria.
3en
3en
1. They are :red:s that do not care about anyone and are just in it for the money.
2. They know their game(s) are bad and do nothing to try to fix them and get all rage-y when people criticize their games.
or 3. I just personally do not like the person(s).
Crowno
Crowno
It is hard for me to talk much more about the issue without making walls of text, but I can say that this topic in specific have been catching my attention a lot lately (and it should, as I am a developer who cares). But its fine for anyone to not like a game or a developer for any specific reason. It is SUPER important to be critical about the industry. Sadly, the hole is deeper than that though :(
Crowno
Crowno
Ironically, I was watching a video about this exact problem just yesterday, and I recommend it for anyone interested:
https://youtu.be/cQ9YozVtUag
ps: Ignore the use of the word "fanboy", the matter discussed on the video goes much beyond that. You might not agree with the arguments, but it still might be interesting to think about it =)
Crowno
Crowno
Anyway: thanks for your compliments. I really appreciate that I you like the re-logic team!
Azu
Azu
Who could honestly say they hate Re-Logic?
Back
Top Bottom