Search results for query: *

1. sqweek

scary dynamite traps.

I'm a big fan of hardcore terraria, and I've lost dozens of hours to explosives traps (and boulder traps). They have caused me immense frustration and at times I have sworn at their unfairness. So I know where you're coming from, but I disagree that they constitute bad design. Terraria is not a...
  2. sqweek

scary dynamite traps.

1. Craft dangersense potion 2. ??? 3. Profit The counterplay option exists, if you want to ignore it that's entirely your decision.
  3. sqweek

Moon lord anti climax?

I want to say its not this simple; I'm sure I've collided with the eyes at times without killing them. I know it works when the eyes have stopped moving (as they do before launching an attack), but not sure if it works when they're charging at you. Needs more experimentation to be sure though...
  4. sqweek

Moon lord anti climax?

Yep! The true eyes faced the true death by minecart. Nariofan wins the thread ^_^ I was struggling to survive vs. expert mode moon lord so I built a minecart track hoping it would let me dodge more attacks. So it was by complete accident I stumbled on (into?) this interaction. It could...
  5. sqweek

Moon lord anti climax?

Please go ahead! =) I don't want to give too much away without giving people a chance to experiment, but I promise this is 100% legit. No image editing or external tools involved, just plain old Terraria 1.3.latest.steam.version
  6. sqweek

Cheers!

Cheers!
  7. sqweek

Moon lord anti climax?

O RLY?
  8. sqweek

Moon lord anti climax?

Once you kill his hands, head, and the true eyes of cthulhu, he seems to be completely defenseless leaving you free to wail on him mercilessly?
  9. sqweek

PC Terraria 1.3 fullscreen crashes with multiple monitors (detailed analysis, stacktraces)

This seems to be the proximate cause of a crash I'm experiencing since 1.3. The setup is one AMD Radeon R7 200 Series graphics card, connected to multiple outputs. I have an HDMI cable going to a Samsung TV, and a DVI cable connected to a BenQ LCD monitor. In windows 7, the Samsung TV ends up...
  10. sqweek

Is Terraria 1.3 as a whole more unoptimized/laggy compared to before? (multiplayer low fps)

It does seem to run worse; my partner's son's computer is ancient (like 700Mhz era) and struggled a /bit/ with 1.2. But 1.3 is constantly dropping frames. On the more up to date computers in the house (eg. core 2 duo E7500) I noticed 1.3 slowing down briefly once or twice but nothing major.
  11. sqweek

Turbo Truffle Worm Farm - Vertical, Hoik Engine Powered (+ Spawn Area Tutorial)

Sure. Here's a quick lazy example using what I had on hand in the first world I logged in to (pressure plates and snow blocks ^_^): Ok so timers A B and C are what you plug the traps into. 1 and 2 are the aux timers. The on switch is the pressure plate next to timer A, the other pressure...
  12. sqweek

[Tutorial Video] Simple Rapid Fire Dart Trap Batteries (Practical Wire Guide)

Thanks for the great guides! A few extra notes on the bunny engine: It doesn't work as well during a blood moon - the statue spawns a corrupt bunny which jumps over some of the pressure plates (and moves faster?). Presumably the goldfish suffers the same problem? The bunny initially moves...
  13. sqweek

Turbo Truffle Worm Farm - Vertical, Hoik Engine Powered (+ Spawn Area Tutorial)

I had an idea for a simple reliable bootstrap mechanism in this situation, requiring two additional 1s timers and minimal wiring. This gives you five timers total, three trap timers and two auxiliary. The player flicks a switch, which enables trap timer 1 and aux timer 1. After a second, aux...
Back
Top Bottom