Search results for query: *

1. E

Expert vs. Master

I don't have a ton of queen slime experience, but I agree. By far my least favorite fight in the game. Can't see anything when it's all purple on purple on purple.
  2. E

Expert vs. Master

Warding is still fine and really useful for general exploration, but yes, I've started swapping to damage loadouts for bosses. Keeping [class] emblem + avenger emblem + destroyer emblem + golem eye + putrid scent + any 2 other accessories you want for a boss has worked really well for me with...
  3. E

Bow/repeater progression and Fishron help?

For future terrarians who stumble upon this thread... Another subtle thing that could have helped a ton that I didn't realize at the time is that you can only have 22 active buff/debuff icons at the top left. Pets count against this, and so do localized aura buffs like banners, heart lanterns...
  4. E

Expert vs. Master

Skeletron is pretty free if you can split your damage evenly to kill the hands at the same time. He still won't fire or travel through blocks, so you can put a small roof to hide under when he's shooting homing skulls, then just DPS him and run in a straight line away when he spins. For magic...
  5. E

Expert vs. Master

I was an all-Warding all the time guy until Master mode. Granted the last time I played extensively, wall of flesh was endgame. But for the expert runs I did before stepping up to master, it was always Warding, and that just let me facetank everything with ease. That doesn't really work in...
  6. E

My map data got deleted 3 times.

To my knowledge, the game closing from main menu shouldn't affect anything. As far as I can tell, it writes world data to the disk when you exit the world.
  7. E

My map data got deleted 3 times.

Are you properly closing the game client? Just speaking from observation, not actual code, but I believe the world doesn't save/sync but every 10 minutes or so, while your character data updates constantly. So if your game crashes, it's likely your world will "roll back" slightly (or more...
  8. E

PC Were the Liquid Farms Patched?

Fluid generators do still function, just not as easily as before. I have made them in both solo and hosted worlds.
  9. E

Fishron wings dropped a few kills later, and I managed a hitless (+1 boop) kill with a more offensive loadout. Those make an ENORMOUS difference. Wonder if I should have just looked into new wings sooner
  10. E

Barely managed to squeak a kill in by staying on the ground more in the third phase and swapping to the repeater. The piranhas were not sticking to him in that phase, but aimed arrows hit him just fine. Seems like being in the air a lot makes his movement too crazy. Now to practice that and farm...
  11. E

PC Were the Liquid Farms Patched?

Liquid farms still function but now require a lot of experimentation. The best analysis of this I heard, if it's correct, was here: Was liquid duplication via pump circulation patched with 1.4? The simple explanation is that your liquid duplication via pumps will now vary and can result in the...
  12. E

I mostly played Terraria back when Wall of Flesh was the final boss and haven't played in between that and 1.4... with the 1.4 release I got back into the game and have been playing a number of worlds solo and with friends, all in Master except for one solo Expert world I did to get a feel for...
  13. E

Was liquid duplication via pump circulation patched with 1.4?

Interesting, that would probably do it. Won't mess with my current world now, but maybe I'll experiment with that down the road. Thanks for pointing it out!
  14. E

Nice tutorial. I did get mine functioning again as well, even after the hotfix, but going forward I'd probably redesign them to be larger and have more cascaders, because they fill very slowly and jankily. If the liquid gets too low, it stops duplicating even though it can keep cycling the...
  15. E

Tortoises jumping through walls....

So the tortoise thing is still an issue, but it looks like he was dying mostly to drowning. I hid some platforms behind the waterline and he doesn't die on spawn anymore, though still dies occasionally to tortoises.
  16. E

Could dump a bunch of lava down there or put teleporters to send them elsewhere, but that seems unsightly. If there's a certain wall thickness that will prevent this, perhaps I can expand the house exterior. Haven't dealt with this before though and not sure what other cleaner solutions might exist.
  17. E

I finally got around to building a proper home for the witch doctor on a multiplayer server with some friends, but I'm having an issue where the tortoises are targeting him through the walls, AND jumping clear through them with their spinning turtle-yeet of death. It's clear this isn't supposed...
  18. E

Manual bucket duplication still works (at least for water. Didn't test honey/lava)
  19. E

I managed to get my tanks pumping again until the hotfix today. This was in a multiplayer world; had to play with the timer intervals quite a bit but did eventually have all 3 liquids working. Now they don't seem to anymore. Saw this in the hotfix notes, probably related: Reduced liquid...
  20. E

I don't see any mention of it in the patch notes, but I built what should be a container that fills itself up by intaking liquid and expelling it into the same container. The output pump used to seemingly output more than the input pump would take, but now it seems to be circulating the liquid...
Back
Top Bottom