Search results for query: *

1. Madd the Sane

Mac Resonance Scepter/Princess attack slows down M1

Playing around, it looks like running Terraria via MoltenVK takes up as much as 6 GiB of memory (according to Activity Monitor) when in a large world.
  2. Madd the Sane

Bah, I can't find where I put my Resonance Scepter, but using the Vulkan/MoltenVK renderer instead of OpenGL via /gldevice:Vulkan seems to have fixed the lag created by the Princess's attacks.
  3. Madd the Sane

As part of the Mac/Linux bugs encountered… The Princess's NPC attack causes massive slow-downs when on-screen. The Resonance Scepter also has slow-downs, but not as much as I can't spam it as much as she does. Running on Apple Silicon M1 MacBook Pro with 16 GiB of RAM.
  4. Madd the Sane

Game Mechanics Mac TouchBar support.

By default, Terraria has F1 to F3 be the quick-swap between different load-outs. However, on Macs equipped with a Touch Bar, the area above the number keys is usually blank on games that don't support the Touch Bar. This can be worked around by adding Terraria to a list of programs that show the...
  5. Madd the Sane

tModLoader Terrarian Dreamkeepers

The age rating of the graphic novel sagas are about R. The Prelude webcomic is PG/PG-13.
  6. Madd the Sane

PC 1.3.1 Preview!

Is there a link for the map? I can't seem to find it :(
  7. Madd the Sane

tModLoader Terrarian Dreamkeepers

I think those characters are supposed to be players. Although the mod author has added Dave and Liz (the creators of Dreamkeepers) to the mod.
  8. Madd the Sane

NPCs & Enemies Guide, post-hardmode

When I ask the guide for help in post-hardcode (before defeating the cultist), he just repeats info about destroying altars/soul dropping. Perhaps adding more lines, such as when Plantera hasn't been defeated, when the cultist needs to be defeated, hints as to what happens after the pillars are...
  9. Madd the Sane

Official Terraria for Mac & Linux In Development!

I remember someone had a MonoGame wrapper around Terraria 1.1, but there were a few performance problems. For instance, a lot of particles would make the game stutter badly (probably when I had the mini 2007 with GMA 950 shudder). This would happen when mining sand and destroying vines. Also...
  10. Madd the Sane

"Alien Script"? Please define what you mean by that. Macs can use C#, and there are about a dozen forks of Monogame that Re-Logic could potentially use.
  11. Madd the Sane

Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

You need to defeat Plantera before they can unlock. This is a change in 1.3.
  12. Madd the Sane

Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

Ah yes, the change of size of long bit me in the butt on some of the older projects I work on. Remember developers, using the types defined in stdint.h can be a big help. Or just using ints instead of longs. Of course this changes on the LLP64 platform. Why Microsoft, why?
  13. Madd the Sane

What was your greatest or embarassing moment in terraria?

Most embarrassing moment was when I thought I had Terraria unfocused (and thus paused) when I did some errand. Came back to see a lot of NPC hats, and farther down, a whole lot of tombstones, most of them saying I was killed by a corrupted bunny. Did I mention that I had beetle armor?
  14. Madd the Sane

Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

"This is what happens when you leave your game running: You get beat up by rabbits." I also had a lot of hat drops from the clothier and traveling merchant.
  15. Madd the Sane

From what I've heard, the answer is yes.
  16. Madd the Sane

Barring horrible bugs on either Re-Logic's or Apple's code (or whatever middleware Re-Logic uses) it should run straight out of the box. Should being the key word.
  17. Madd the Sane

Crazy, Rabid Squirrel

Crazy, Rabid Squirrel
Back
Top Bottom