Search results for query: *

1. ironcommando

PC Problems killing solar tower?

Box yourself in, stay grounded, and use a penetrating weapon. Only problems for me were Corites since they wallhack, the rest either have no wallhacking (selenian, sroller, drakanian, drakomire) or ignore me (crawltipede).
  2. ironcommando

What is the eaisest Celestial Tower?

Yep, I know they launch projectiles on death (found that annoying to the point where I had to wall myself in). Walling yourself in and using the Solar Eruption blocks them (and Stargazers and Twinkle Poppers) out, leaving only Milkyway Weavers as the most threatening enemy (and they're still...
  3. ironcommando

What is the eaisest Celestial Tower?

Either Vortex or Stardust. Vortex Pillar's enemies can't hit through walls, and althought it now spawns hornets on top of/near you, the spawning can be avoided by not being too near while still in the zone. Stardust in the meantime have enemies that get wrecked by the Solar Eruption, plus if one...
  4. ironcommando

PC Guns v. Bows

Is this before or after the Phantasm Nerf? I heard that Phantasm took a huge hit in usability after they nerfed the blue arrows... They did buff it a bit again but IIRC still not as strong as it once was. Still not sure how it stacks up to SDMG now.
  5. ironcommando

PC How do you get corruption out of the jungle

Use the Clentaminator and spray all the corruption rocks/dirt/spreaders with light blue solution to change it to hallow. Hallow won't take over the jungle.
  6. ironcommando

Is there a secret to geting corruption worlds?

You have to keep generating worlds until you find a corruption (purple bar) one. It's a tedious process at times, even thought it's a 50/50 corruption/crimson.
  7. ironcommando

Last Prism vs Lunar Flare

Depends on whether you're in an open area or caverns. Open Area- Last Prism destroys enemies/bosses since hardly any walls to block it Caverns- Lunar Flare can hurt enemies behind walls and stuff, as well as light up area. Either way though... Get used to seeing 10 seconds of Mana Sickness...
  8. ironcommando

Any advice for the Solar Pillar?

Solar has only one enemy to worry about. The Corite. If you're using summoner, you can just wall yourself in and keep grounded. Crawltipedes won't notice you, Drakanians, Drakomires, Selenians and Srollers can't hit through walls. Corites will wallhack though, and would be the main threat.
  9. ironcommando

Whats your most despised enemy?

Lunar Events: Vortex: Generally none, you can avoid hornet portals being spawned on you by staying far, then just wall yourself in and use wallhacking weapons like Stardust Dragon + Solar Eruption. Solar: Corites, f these, everything else can be avoided by walling yourself in, using wallhack...
  10. ironcommando

PC Which Pillar do you find to be the most annoying?

They're a non-issue when I used the Flairon and the Solar Eruption. I don't think they could reflect Flairon bubbles, and Solar Eruption can't be reflected. I agree that Corites are the most annoying things. Crawltipedes, Selenians, Drakanians (and their Drakomire mounts), and Srollers can't do...
  11. ironcommando

Vortex is now mildly annoying due to the portals spawning on you but still easy to me. I dispatch the hornets really quickly by using the Solar Wrath. Either that or I stay at a distance where I'm not near enough for portals to spawn on top of me, but near enough for Vortex enemies to appear...
  12. ironcommando

Definitely Nebula by Far. Vortex: The easiest. None of those guys can hit through walls. Stardust: Second easiest, just wall yourself in to protect yourself from Flow Invaders, then Solar Wrath all the cells/weavers/everything else. Solar: Not too hard at first glance, I stand on top of an...
  13. ironcommando

See Goddamned Bats and Demonic Spiders over here. Chances are that your most hated enemy is down there.
  14. ironcommando

PC Thoughts on the Last Prism?

That weapon is epic, man. I'm not very good at trying to keep my mana consumption, however, and keep getting Mana Sickness (10 seconds) when using it.
  15. ironcommando

Ah, true. It wouldn't hurt for me to swap out one of my accessories to lessen this annoyance =)
  16. ironcommando

Crawltipedes were one of my most hated enemies until I realized the trick (stay grounded), then they became a non-issue after that. Gastropods are really annoying during the night in a hallow biome. I'm trying to dig out some terrain and have to contend with laser dodging. I know I'm probably...
  17. ironcommando

What Terraria Pet do you have?

The baby face monster. It's pretty cute considering that it's based off something that gives people nightmares, and the way it flies by riding a baby Crimera is just adorable. Also helps me feel less nervous when around actual Face Monsters.
  18. ironcommando

A Grim Micro-Biome

Yep, I have. Mine had a lit campfire, though, and it was in an Ice biome.
  19. ironcommando

Hot Topic What is your favorite Weapon?

In terms of overall? Solar Eruption, due to great power and utility. It is pretty damn useful due to the very good range, the light source, the damage, and the block penetration. Basically can be seen as an upgrade to the Death Sickle.
  20. ironcommando

Meowmere vs Star Wrath?

I prefer the Star Wrath. So damn useful against Martian Madness invasions, just hole yourself in, and spam that on the Saucer, kills the saucer in no time. The Star Wrath's damage is deceptive- the falling stars do about 2x that of the damage displayed when you hover over the weapon.
Back
Top Bottom