Any advice for the Solar Pillar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimono

Terrarian
So I've started the Lunar Event and I've beaten all the pillars but Solar with little trouble (though the one with the aliens DID kill me once due to me not being very aware of the enemies around me), and Solar is wrecking my face. I'm currently doing a summoner playthrough with Spooky Armor, both Stardust summoning items, and Staff of the Frost Hydra. I also have on my hotbar Influx Waver, Vortex Beater, a Grenade Launcher, and a few other items I forget. Basically, mostly projectile weapons, which is a problem because I've heard that not only is there an enemy that wants to keep reflecting those projectiles back at you, there's also the flying Crawltipedes that demand you never leave the ground, which is a MAJOR problem for me because of my very low defense demanding I actually dodge instead of try to tank the enemies rushing at me. (I actually tried to dodge once, but I stayed off the ground too long and a Crawltipede got me...) I've only received bubble gun and fishron wings from Duke Fishron, and no drops from Frost Moon yet, especially not Snowman Cannon.

Does anyone have any advice for how I can tackle the pillar with this class? I'm having difficulty figuring out what I should be doing differently, and I don't feel switching class is the answer.

Last edited:
Farm for the pygmy staff so you can get the tiki set from witch doctor, or get the spooky set from the pumpkin moon.

Farm for the pygmy staff so you can get the tiki set from witch doctor, or get the spooky set from the pumpkin moon.
SAjkhsdlfkjehkgjg

Why did I say "spider". I meant Spooky. I already have Spooky Armor, sorry. Lemme edit the first post.

SAjkhsdlfkjehkgjg

Why did I say "spider". I meant Spooky. I already have Spooky Armor, sorry. Lemme edit the first post.
Ah, okay. Then I don't know. Maybe you should farm for the flairon? These bubbles aren't reflectable.

If you box yourself in, only one enemy can attack you and its the comet guys, if your not in expert I think you should be ok but they should be the only problem if you box yourself in. If they give you too many problems stand on the edge of the biome and spawn a couple mobs then run out kill those until you get a corite is it(?) banner. then put that in your box as your summons kill everything. The banner should nullify most of the comet esk enemies damage. This is the only thing I have found to be useful. I tried ranger, summoner, mage, tank, and still got 2-3 shot by crawtipedes and most enemies fared difficult. Ive heard Razorblade Typhoon is useful for the pillars so mayve its useful for solar but havent tested.

TL;DR: Get a corite banner, box yourself in let summons kill everything expect to die a lot in solar. Solar sucks

If you box yourself in, only one enemy can attack you and its the comet guys, if your not in expert I think you should be ok but they should be the only problem if you box yourself in. If they give you too many problems stand on the edge of the biome and spawn a couple mobs then run out kill those until you get a corite is it(?) banner. then put that in your box as your summons kill everything. The banner should nullify most of the comet esk enemies damage. This is the only thing I have found to be useful. I tried ranger, summoner, mage, tank, and still got 2-3 shot by crawtipedes and most enemies fared difficult. Ive heard Razorblade Typhoon is useful for the pillars so mayve its useful for solar but havent tested.

TL;DR: Get a corite banner, box yourself in let summons kill everything expect to die a lot in solar. Solar sucks
That helped MASSIVELY, thank you! Only died once this time. :) Now I gotta fight (and most likely die to) the Moon Lord...

image.jpg This moon is the easiest moon:image.jpg-or Stardust.
Solar sucks due to the crawlipetes eating you and the Seleians reflecting your shots :(

Last edited:
Always keep your eyes on the rollers. They kill me most. I always set up the frost hydra and stand near it to have two shooters.
The Stardust Dragon helps A LOT. Also, STAY ON THE GROUND or you die

Solar has only one enemy to worry about. The Corite.

If you're using summoner, you can just wall yourself in and keep grounded. Crawltipedes won't notice you, Drakanians, Drakomires, Selenians and Srollers can't hit through walls. Corites will wallhack though, and would be the main threat.

Just build a platform off the ground. The Crawltipedes won't attack you, the ground enemies can't hurt you, and you can attack the Corites.

If you need to avoid getting hit by a "wallhacking enemy", you can use a weapon that shoots through walls. I suggest the Death Sickle. Later Solar Eruption will help a lot and it can obliterate the pillars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom