Search results for query: *

1. r4v1n6

Hello. I no longer own Terraria on pc (it was surprisingly easy). I have a request still pending...

Hello. I no longer own Terraria on pc (it was surprisingly easy). I have a request still pending for the Xbox One version. I still own the 360 version. At least that version is enjoyable (if I can fix my broken 360 someday). Please close this account and remove as much personal information as...
  2. r4v1n6

Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

While I understand the reasons behind removing the last of the legacy items from the classic console versions, that essentially means there's no point in continuing playing this game for me. 1.4 will also nerf various things to the point that I cannot enjoy the game anymore (I was a lot into...
  3. r4v1n6

Xbox One Game not updating

The current Xbox One version (v1.0.1563.6 in main menu) of Terraria is the same as pc 1.3.5. They simply use different schemes for numbering versions. The link I posted earlier to another thread discusses that.
  4. r4v1n6

not working

Looks like an issue with XNA according to that error. I'm trying to point you to an alternative Installer for Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh, but the download links are broken again. In their infinite wisdom Microsoft seems to have removed them. You can still get it from...
  5. r4v1n6

not working

The screenshot you posted is unfortunately too small to be readable. Please try running TerrariaServer again. If it outputs errors, please post those here. You should be able to use the regular keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+A to select all, Ctrl+C to copy, Ctrl+V to paste) while that window is...
  6. r4v1n6

Terraria State of the Game - December 2020

Unlikely. They have never done any betas in the past. And Terraria is not the kind of game that is suitable because of the amount of user generated data. Too much can go wrong, so they need to test thoroughly before releasing into the wild. Don't want another 1.2 fiasco now do we? The next...
  7. r4v1n6

Console Terraria for consoles

If you have access to a pc that can play Terraria, then that is probably the best option for you. You can buy it either on Steam or GOG and the game is often on sale (1/2 price) several times a year. If you get the Steam version you will need Internet access, as Steam itself acts as a form of...
  8. r4v1n6

Console Terraria for consoles

In a way they are working on that. Currently the developer DR (a separate team from the one working on the pc version) is working on bringing the latest pc version of Terraria to other platforms. They are already done with Mobile (although it will need to be updated to 1.4.1 which they will do...
  9. r4v1n6

What games do you think of when you hear the words “Nintendo”?

Oh I have tried several games using emulation much later on, just to see what they was about. Metroid, Secret of Mana and of course the old Final Fantasy games. Those caught my attention briefly. The others not so much. This was around the time FF7 was released on PS1, so I wanted to see what...
  10. r4v1n6

What games do you think of when you hear the words “Nintendo”?

Donkey Kong (Game & Watch) when I was a kid. I had a couple of those devices back then, but they were fairly expensive. Never got into the consoles for various reasons, so that was the only Nintendo hardware I ever owned.
  11. r4v1n6

PC experienced frequent world corruptions and cloud creating duplicate worlds

Unfortunately there are issues with the Steam Cloud and Terraria, that's been around ever since the feature was introduced (back in 1.3). Some people experience frequent corruptions and missing files when using it. You seem to be one of them. Exactly why that is has not been established, so I...
  12. r4v1n6

Resolved Tmodloader doesn't launch

Have you ever tried to start Terraria (vanilla)? The first time you do that, it should attempt to install .NET and XNA if needed (there are installers in the same folder as the game). tML may assume you have done that already and fails because the needed components aren't installed.
  13. r4v1n6

Resolved Terraria keeps freezing for ~1 or 2 seconds

With regards to Terraria, the biggest difference between different types of storage that I have noticed is that load times improves dramatically when using an SSD. That is becaue they have much faster access time due to not having to position mechanical parts in a particular way. Terraria assets...
  14. r4v1n6

Why is terraria eating so much ram ?

Just a reflection. I don't know what mods you are trying to run together, but it seems to me you are trying to run several of the larger content mods at the same time. Generally, that is not a good idea. Several of those make major changes to the game so there's a good chance they will...
  15. r4v1n6

PC Recovering Lost Worlds & Characters

In the Explorer window there are some Tabs with various options. one of them should enable you to see file extensions. Please enable that (and keep it enabled from now on, you are better off that way). World files have the extension .wld at the end. There should also be one or more files...
  16. r4v1n6

PC Is there a way to download the old version 1.3.5.3?

I think GOG have some of the old versions around. I'm not 100% sure though since I only own the Steam version on pc. You may need GOG Galaxy though to download (not sure) or contact gog support. Currently tML on Steam offers a public beta with 1.3.5.3 that you can select in the Betas section of...
  17. r4v1n6

Lost connection

That is often not too reliable unfortunately. Depends on a number of things, including how much traffic your operator is handling currently. Surfing the web is usually ok, but when playing games it's often not enough. Games generally requires a persistent low latency connection which is hard to...
  18. r4v1n6

Multiplayer lags

Try restarting everything, from your computer to whatever gives you internet access (usually a router).
  19. r4v1n6

Lost connection

Are any of you connected to the Internet over WiFi? If you have a lot of neighbors also using it (or other devices using your WiFi heavily at the same time), there could be hiccups causing disconnects. In that situation, try using WiFi on 5GHz instead if your router supports it. To clarify...
  20. r4v1n6

Crossplay on one version.

I don't recommend that option. You can never be 100% certain there aren't anything nasty riding piggyback. If you still have to, I recommend using scanners like VirusTotal to check it first. Even then it's not completely safe but it's better than nothing. The war has unfortunately been lost...
Back
Top Bottom