Search results for query: *

1. SuperSpclAwe

Member-Run Contest Some Building contest....

Sure, I'll show your contest some love: I like building into natural world generation, makes builds seem more life-like and inspired. I went with a rather simple dynasty theme in the cave, and then did more of a zen kind of forest thing up top where the tree had spawned. Added a little patio...
  2. SuperSpclAwe

Why is fishing so fun?

I'm kind of torn on fishing myself. I like that it adds some functionality to the water throughout the world (which usually just functions as priahnnas spawning or as an annoying hazard during mining), but it can be frustrating when the line just randomly breaks (just because there is an item to...
  3. SuperSpclAwe

What is your obinion of the music in Terraria?

The music is a great compliment to the environment. They always invoke the right feeling within me when venturing into a biome. The brightness of the forest, the "oh god no" of the crimson and corruption, the magic of the snow... Whoever made the music for Terraria did a great job making tunes...
  4. SuperSpclAwe

If you could have any Terraria item in real life...

Bunny Mount. Guys, it's a giant bunny you can ride around on. Why is this a discussion?
  5. SuperSpclAwe

Your First Terraria experiences.

Terraria is actually the first and last game I ever pirated. Someone I used to play Dungeon Fighter Online with told me about it one day. He found an illegal download of the game and gave it to me. I probably played like 60 hours of it in a week's time. I felt guilty about playing it so much and...
  6. SuperSpclAwe

Favorite NPC?

I actually quite like all of them. They all have their quirks and themes, and they all give inspiration for specially-designed houses for them. I will say I'm quite fond of the Arms Dealer though, because buying illegal gun parts from him at night reminds me of Custom Robo Arena (game with a lot...
  7. SuperSpclAwe

Casual Explain your avatar

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1 Brilliant web-comic. When I first heard about it, I sat there for hours just reading. It starts off kind of weird, but I got involved in it really fast. Such a unique, interesting world has been set up by the author. I actually decided to stop reading it for a...
  8. SuperSpclAwe

Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Every time I spawn a world with corruption, I sigh, as Crimson is very much my prefered zone. Honestly, it's mostly because I don't have those damn flying mouth eyes bum-rushing me every two seconds. Early on, it's hard to explore sometimes because of how many spawn. I usually spend my first...
  9. SuperSpclAwe

What is your favorite Potion?

Spelunker Potion + Rod of Discord (pre-nerf) = some hilarious Chlorophyte farming. XD But overall, the only potion I ever seem to find myself using is the IronSkin potion and occasionally well-fed bonuses as well. I don't like farming up potions, and I like fights to be at least somewhat...
  10. SuperSpclAwe

Favorite Terraria YouTuber?

Yrimir's Hagrid playthrough has made me really fall in love with his videos. His editing has become top-notch lately, and he seems to be very inventive as a content creator on youtube. I do miss his current playthrough though, as it's been stuck on part 9 for over a month now I think.
  11. SuperSpclAwe

Favourite thing to do in terraria?

Start a new world after a huge update and experience the game again. Having a sense of exploration in a game like this is huge, and knowing there are a bunch of new elements of exploration makes the journey so much more rewarding. I haven't even beaten Duke Fishron yet, but I'm wainting for 1.3...
  12. SuperSpclAwe

Favorite Hardmode Boss

There are several I like fighting, but Plantera is by far my favorite. I think the developers did a great job working Plantera as a hardmode boss into the game design. Also, I like the fight simply because how unique it is when compare to the other boss fights. There are very few bosses that you...
  13. SuperSpclAwe

What is your favorite pre-hardmode boss?

Queen Bee definitely has my favorite pre-hardmode drops, but Eye of Cthulhu is definitely one of my favorite boss encounters in the game. It's a simple fight, but I rarely have more than a couple ways to deal with it, so it can be a really fun early game boss fight for me. It was especially fun...
  14. SuperSpclAwe

Serious Unpopular Opinions

Though the show is wildly popular, there seems to be a large group of internet dwellers that hate The Big Bang Theory because something something "That's not what nerds are like!" etc. etc. Anyone who doesn't get that a sitcom is meant to have greatly exaggerated characters to create humor in...
  15. SuperSpclAwe

Your Favourite Enemy

I'd say the goblin invasion as a whole is one of my favorite enemy encounters. Early on in the game, I may not always have mob removing super powers to handle them, so I have to run around constantly, killing them off while watching my health. I've also never been a fan of making defenses for...
  16. SuperSpclAwe

Favourite biome?

Above ground: I love the peacefulness of the snow regions. I love building houses in snow biomes and having my neighboring penguins pay me a visit. :) Under ground: I'd actually argue that the "normal" underground is probably my favorite to explore. However, I like exploring all of the...
Back
Top Bottom