Error - Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Putin

Terrarian
My world was failing to load through the regular client (unhandled exception crash), so I tried loading it up in the editor. Crash at load, with an invalid index. Sometimes the editor does not crash, but it doesn't load the map either - it appears as if nothing was loaded.

I have another save game that loads without problems, so this seems likely to be this particular save. The world name is uniquely called Underworld.

Here's a rar of all my game files - you have to click the download button at top center of screen:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0mEATLjiXBXX3hKZUFDbTY0TEE/view?usp=sharing

10-19-2014 21:55: Starting TEdit 3.5.14267.29
10-19-2014 21:55: OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
10-19-2014 21:55: .Net >= 4.0
10-19-2014 21:55: XNA 4.0
10-19-2014 21:55: Terraria Data Path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content
10-19-2014 21:55: Creating Undo cache: C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Roaming\TEdit\undo_319387175
10-19-2014 21:55: Error - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TEditXna.ViewModel.WorldViewModel.MouseUpTile(TileMouseState e)
at TEditXna.View.WorldRenderXna.xnaViewport_HwndLButtonUp(Object sender, HwndMouseEventArgs e)
at TEdit.UI.Xaml.XnaContentHost.GraphicsDeviceControl.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndHost.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at TEditXna.App.Main()

My world was failing to load through the regular client (unhandled exception crash), so I tried loading it up in the editor. Crash at load, with an invalid index. Sometimes the editor does not crash, but it doesn't load the map either - it appears as if nothing was loaded.

I have another save game that loads without problems, so this seems likely to be this particular save. The world name is uniquely called Underworld.

Here's a rar of all my game files - you have to click the download button at top center of screen:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0mEATLjiXBXX3hKZUFDbTY0TEE/view?usp=sharing

10-19-2014 21:55: Starting TEdit 3.5.14267.29
10-19-2014 21:55: OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
10-19-2014 21:55: .Net >= 4.0
10-19-2014 21:55: XNA 4.0
10-19-2014 21:55: Terraria Data Path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content
10-19-2014 21:55: Creating Undo cache: C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Roaming\TEdit\undo_319387175
10-19-2014 21:55: Error - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TEditXna.ViewModel.WorldViewModel.MouseUpTile(TileMouseState e)
at TEditXna.View.WorldRenderXna.xnaViewport_HwndLButtonUp(Object sender, HwndMouseEventArgs e)
at TEdit.UI.Xaml.XnaContentHost.GraphicsDeviceControl.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndHost.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at TEditXna.App.Main()

You said regular client, did you use a mod before this?

I don't have any mods and have never used them. I used the word regular client to mean that I have a "stock" install with nothing extra loaded.

I ran into this problem quite a bit recently while working with TEdit, but I've never seen it happen to a world file all on its own. What's the history of the world file? Did you generate it naturally, did you get it from someone, do you know if it has, at any time, been modified in any way with TEdit?

I wouldn't be able to give a solution as I have a friend still looking into it, but a bit more information might help others who can take a look.

I hate to resurrect this, but I just had this happen for the second time. I'm not sure what causes it, but both worlds were ones I was running as a server using the Terraria Server provided, and both times I knew something was wrong because in the list of worlds the name changed to having an underscore where the name used to contain a space. I've deleted the .bak to try to use it to no avail, and I don't know if this happened last time but this time when I opened the folders with the world files in them I found an extra copy of the corrupted world that was labled .wld but said it was a .SAV file down at the bottom. I wasn't doing anything odd on the world when I left it, and I'm 90% sure I closed and saved the server before turning off the computer.
I'm sorry if I'm necroposting, but as this is the second time I've seen this I'd love a solution or any help.

I hate to resurrect this, but I just had this happen for the second time. I'm not sure what causes it, but both worlds were ones I was running as a server using the Terraria Server provided, and both times I knew something was wrong because in the list of worlds the name changed to having an underscore where the name used to contain a space. I've deleted the .bak to try to use it to no avail, and I don't know if this happened last time but this time when I opened the folders with the world files in them I found an extra copy of the corrupted world that was labled .wld but said it was a .SAV file down at the bottom. I wasn't doing anything odd on the world when I left it, and I'm 90% sure I closed and saved the server before turning off the computer.
I'm sorry if I'm necroposting, but as this is the second time I've seen this I'd love a solution or any help.

We wouldn't know what caused it, most likely mods? Third party software? ALT F4 before it finished saving?

Hmm i remember i got this problem using the gameiki mod when i accidently used the fly cam outside my worlds borders

Back
Top Bottom