PS4 1.10: Game crash during Moon Lord fight.

Safest ways to fight the Moon Lord in case of crashes!

Have, it autosave or exit and save before the last pillar and keep autosave off but sometimes even with autosave off it still seem to save? Maybe make back-up the saves in the case in crashes and autosaves, I've even gotten corrupt data once because of Moon Lord Crash with autosave on. I lost a few hrs of gameplay for that afternoon. What would happen if you save and exit after the last pillar? I haven't tried that yet.

Make some celestial sigils, have it autosave or exit and save turn off autosave, back-up the saves, I've done this and it even crashes the 1st time I used a celestial sigil and this saved me 20 each of those stupid fragments, which costs way too much with crashes like this one, and another thing is if you get repeat drops could also just close app and try again with the same few sigils!
Thanks for the suggestion. I have been avoiding fighting the Moon Lord because of this bug. Will give it a shot exiting and saving AFTER the last tower and see what happens. I will report back results here. I have another expert world where I have defeated all but tower. I do not want to go on yet for two reasons. The crashing issue being one and the other being I have not quite completed my arena. Heart statues are hard to find! It has become sort of a loop. I don't want to crash battling expert Moon Lord so I haven't been working as hard to complete the arena. Because the arena is not complete, I tell myself there is no point thinking about fighting the ML. So now I am fixated on completing the Cell Phone and Ankh Shield. What the hell do you have to do to get the sextant?!?! I have been fishing and fishing and fishing to no avail. Oh well, time to bait the hook again.

Will give it a shot exiting and saving AFTER the last tower and see what happens.
Well after the last Tower Moon Lord starts to spawn, so I think it would stop the spawn but keep all drops

I think it would be best to have it save before the last tower and back it up in case it does save even with autosave off, so you don't have to repeat all 4 towers again, or make a sigil would be best. With Autosave off cause I think most of the time, the game crashes while it is saving or soon after or before like maybe while there are a lot of effects are on screen.

But sometimes it even crashes while I'm doing nothing.

I have not had it crash when doing nothing... yet. It just gets so frustrating to go through the towers, fight almost to the end of the Moon Lord only to watch it all go away. Then to have to spend fragments for a Sigil that you should not have to spend. Damned sure do not want to go to all that effort in expert mode to lose it. Those towers are really hard to beat! I die 3-5 times on each.

The only way to do the moon lord on expert would be to just use a sigil! I tried once on expert with a co-op friend and I crashed during the 1st tower. haven't tried lately either. even defeated duke several times before that.

I would say just clear the towers and save and exit at least you still have all the fragments. I've once had it crash on moon lord and gotten corrupt data after taking a while at filling and levelling the final area near one of the towers and clear the towers and it crashes and I get corrupt data so all that work was lost but had back up save from that same morning.

One would think that this bug has a high priority to fix as this is the penultimate battle in the game. And arguably the most looked forward to part of 1.3 for those of us on consoles.

I was fighting the Moon Lord with the solar eruption and in the middle of the fight when I was about halfway to phase two, the game suddenly closed and I got an error message. Any workarounds for this? Anybody else seen this problem? This has happened to me twice and I'm using update 1.10.

Got the same problem 2 days ago, we were so close. But when i'm using my magic weapons, the game starts to go slow even during the moonlord fight which is very annoying. I hope they will something about that...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom