Mobile 1.2 ios spawn rate

Teh potato lord

Skeletron Prime
I have noticed that the spawn rate of monsters is very low. There are hardly any enemies in the dungeons, enemies spawn in bye small groups in invasions/Pumpkin Moons, thus making it almost impossible to advance in the pumpkin moon. And Water candles and Battle Potions have very small.

The effects are small, I had a typo
[DOUBLEPOST=1418143758][/DOUBLEPOST]To the point of it being unnoticeable to the original spawn rate of enemies

This isn't a bug, it's so smaller devices don't lag when there's too many monsters on-screen. I believe this was stated in either the 1.2 Changelog or the HM Update changelog.

Well, this isn't always true.
The spawn rate for the pumpkin moon is CRAZY with just a water candle.

This isn't a bug, it's so smaller devices don't lag when there's too many monsters on-screen. I believe this was stated in either the 1.2 Changelog or the HM Update changelog.

They don't need to decrease the spawn rate to keep things from lagging. They're just watering things down for no reason. I've said it before; most mobile devices on the market meet the recommended system specs for running the PC version of Terraria, so there's absolutely no reason why it can't have the same spawn rate.

Well, this isn't always true.
The spawn rate for the pumpkin moon is CRAZY with just a water candle.

Actually it isn't. Five mobs every thirty seconds isn't crazy. And water candles don't effect the spawn rate during the pumpkin moon.

They don't need to decrease the spawn rate to keep things from lagging. They're just watering things down for no reason. I've said it before; most mobile devices on the market meet the recommended system specs for running the PC version of Terraria, so there's absolutely no reason why it can't have the same spawn rate.
Actually, there is. It's a proven fact, especially on older devices/smaller devices, that Mobile devices cannot handle that much graphics intensity. They have a smaller graphics card. Not to mention the screen is smaller, making it easier to get killed. Therefore, this is not a bug and was an intentional change to spare some people. Case closed, but feel free to argue. I'm good at proving people wrong.

Not to mention that most of the mobile community is MMO gamers/people who have played other games by 505/People who don't know what the :red: they're doing. This could also be intentional for it to be easier for the mobile gamer audience.

Actually, there is. It's a proven fact, especially on older devices/smaller devices, that Mobile devices cannot handle that much graphics intensity. They have a smaller graphics card. Not to mention the screen is smaller, making it easier to get killed. Therefore, this is not a bug and was an intentional change to spare some people. Case closed, but feel free to argue. I'm good at proving people wrong.

Not to mention that most of the mobile community is MMO gamers/people who have played other games by 505/People who don't know what the :red: they're doing. This could also be intentional for it to be easier for the mobile gamer audience.
Youre forgeting most people play terraria mobile on ipads/tablets so the screen size is nice
And yes this is intentional as they have always find ways to make it easier
Like how the player glows in the dark so you dont need torches to go mining or how every enemy in hard ode has the chance to drop mechanical boss summoning items if you havent beaten it yet
It will probably be tweaked when they release the diffrent game difficulties , as they already have that stuff mostly coded in it will most likely be an update with bigger worlds and difficulty as bigger worlds are being worked on also

Proven you LEGIT, from my video:
The spawn rate rises because you enabled multiplayer along with multiplayer actually being active; people joining your game. Even the official wiki says that more enemies spawn during an event with multiplayer.
Either that or I don't know what I'm talking about.
I play the Amazon mobile version of Terraria and whenever I experience Pumpkin Moons, the spawn rate is seriously too low for me.
There's about 10 enemies per minute and the night goes by too fast. I only made it to wave 7 a couple of times, yet only facing Pumpking once.
I beat him and got awesome loot, then MY GAME CRASHED. DDD:
I have every set-up possible, and even with Water Candles and Battle Potions the spawn rate's too low.
Fortunately, in the recent iOS update for Terraria, they fixed many bugs, and they up-ed the Hardmode spawn rate. :)
The update is for the Amazon version too, but isn't out yet, but still announced.
So now it only takes a period of time to wait in for that big bug-fixing update.
The end.​

Back
Top Bottom