Items [1.3.1.1+] More Traps, and Statues!

ZeroTakenaka

Terrarian
Since 1.3.1 came out, I feel like they were missing a few things

Traps

While the ability to rotate traps ensure that new placements for traps can now be secured. I feel like there should have been more traps added than just a geyser trap. To be fair, you can't get most of the traps until hardmode anyways.

Traps that inflict more status ailments - Right now, I believe that the only debuffs you can get from traps are Poisoned, Venom, and On Fire! While I know Terraria is not designed as a pvp game, there are certain statuses that could be also inflicted.

[Some of these ideas were from another thread someone else made and now I can't find them - http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/craftable-traps-concept.16333/#post-518471]
Ice Trap - Releases a blast of cold air that causes slow, chilled and/or frozen. Damage should be about 12 with an upgradeable version that does more damage and lasts slightly longer.
Nano Trap - Causes the player to become confused. Does about 30 damage.
Blind Trap - Causes you to see NOTHING for 1-2 seconds. Total blindness. No damage(?)
Cursed Flamethrower Trap - Combine some Cursed Flames with a flamethrower trap to make this. Damage should increase very slightly due to the fact that cursed flames are much more powerful than normal flames. Cursed Inferno Debuffs
Ichor Darts - Supposedly my idea to counter the cursed flamethrower version. Might be a little too much due to the fact that the -defense can do much more than flames. Inflicts Ichor for about 5 seconds(?)
Web Trap - Like being frozen but you can still use items while stuck..

Statues

The following statues should spawn an enemy but do not.

Corrupt Statue - Rename to Eater of Souls Statue. Summons Eater of Souls
Eyeball Statue - Summons Demon Eyes
Gargoyle Statue - Might need a retexture and should summon Demons(No voodoo)
Goblin Statue - I'm not sure about this one. The goblin event is available and most of the enemies just come at you.
Hornet Statue - Summons Hornets
Imp Statue - Summons Fire Imps
Lihzahrd Statue - Summons Lihzahrds.

Other Statue ideas:

Turtle Statues: Everyone loves the flipping tortoises flipping at you while in the jungle... right?
Wolf Statue: Wolves. Lots of them

And uh... that's all I got. If anyone needs more information, I'll try to explain more...

Back
Top Bottom