PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want to see the full complete changelog. not much to go by with what is being shown. will a complete version appear once the update goes live?

"NPCs will not climb stairs into another room anymore."

Can this be toggle-able? I created a giant mansion with staircases on each side weaving upwards so that all my NPC's could freely mingle while I was away. I can see how this would be extremely annoying to a large amount of people however I find having them be a slave in one room makes the game feel like I'm playing god too much. I thoroughly enjoy watching the shenanigans of RNG taking the NPC's throughout the house and visiting each other. If not, can someone explain to me how I could edit the files to revert this code...

I'm dead serious, this small update ruins the livelihood of multi-leveled houses and will lower my moral when visiting my home. Knowing that the NPC's are not going to be randomly @#$%ing me by being 8 rooms away from where I put them flirting with the nurse saddens me greatly (poor Mr. dynamite). The vanity of them being in the room they were told to stay in does not out weigh the homeliness of their RNG pathing to where ever they feel like going. If I wanted them not to move or walk in stairs I would just put a bloody block in the door or seal them in a BDSM 2x3 where they can be my slaves. They are NPC's and they deserve to walk freely on stairs... they can't even jump down platforms that are not connected to stairs so I am not even sure why this patch needed to exist, considering the player can just stop it from happening by placing 1 less platform.

With that being said I would thank you kindly if you reverted this change, added a toggle feature, or give us the code to revert this option so we can edit our files.
#FreeTheNPCs http://imgur.com/3vIouzD (As an example)

Do The Right Thing Cenx/Red!

Okay, this has been on my mind a lot more than it should. But.
I came to this changelog, but I didn't read the changes. Instead, I used Ctrl+F to see if there was anything said about the Slime Staff. There was. It now seems to have a higher chance of being dropped by Pinky. But, the exact drop chance, which I don't know yet, is making me jittery. When 1.3 drops, the first thing I'm going to do is dive in and begin a Let's Play with a Summoner. The thing is, I planned to start my character off with a Slime Staff that I previously obtained from my Slime Statue farm.
My question is, would it be a better idea to just give my character that Slime Staff and save the hassle, or take a risk and put my earlygame farming skills to the test, for an already-rare mob with a possibly even rarer drop? If the new drop chance is decent, I'll go for it. But if it's too low, which would get my series on a slow start, it would be a better idea to just get it from the statue farm's chest.
Then again, I could wait until after the update releases to check the Pinky's wiki page for the new drop chance... but who knows how long I'll have to wait and miss out... urgh. I'm so torn. Decisions, decisions...
What I would do (and what I've actually done) would be to give a Slime Statue to my new character. It not quiet as cheaty as just bringing the slime staff. You still have to find a wired up trap and construct a farm. And initially it's going to be a lower efficiency farm but you'll be able to make it better as you progress.

What I've also done is to give my new character the slime staff (or what other item I've wanted them to have) and have them place it in a piggy bank or safe and then go on and play my new world. That way I'll know that I've definitely going to have that item eventually but I'll have to earn it by unlocking it and buying the piggy bank / safe in the new world.

HOWEVER, something to consider: There's a lot of things that they haven't mentioned in the change log and it seems like they've now made Summoners a full "class" in 1.3 so they might have implemented some beginner tier summoner staves that will be reliably accessible within your first couple of days.

To all those maggots out there that said minecraft was better even though both games ran on entirely different mindsets and mechanics etc, and for the pure fact they're not the same game or totally all that similar.

This update is like every minecraft update since the start of that game into one. And from my recollection, Minecraft has gotten a horse, wolf, endermen, ocelots and 2 useless bosses in 4-5 years it's been heard of. This is what development looks like. I bought this game when it came out for $10. Nobody gets this much value out of a game. If someone had told me this game was going to get insanity updated for 4 years, I would have never believed it.

Very very impressive for the 1 year wait, This will not disappoint anyone, There's something for everyone.

To everyone who thought terraria was a joke when it came out. Eat your own :red:, right now. Best Metroidvania style creationist platformer around.

The long haul of waiting is near over as it is Monday, June 29. One day before the long awaited Terraria 1.3... The amount of time put into this update is ridiculous. or, so i'm assuming (Cos I really don't know cos i'm not a dev :-/ ). All i can really say, is thank you. Thank you to all of the devs who took so much time to make this awesome game! and as Cenx commented, this list, is nowhere near complete. Tommorrow, new adventures await.
So... The one logical thing to do (More like the one RE-LOGIC-al thing to do!) Go back to bed and wait for tomorrow!
Good Night.
\
[DOUBLEPOST=1435579472,1435579198][/DOUBLEPOST]:redmunch:okay... this emoticon... thing. lol!

To all those maggots out there that said minecraft was better even though both games ran on entirely different mindsets and mechanics etc, and for the pure fact they're not the same game or totally all that similar.

This update is like every minecraft update since the start of that game into one. And from my recollection, Minecraft has gotten a horse, wolf, endermen, ocelots and 2 useless bosses in 4-5 years it's been heard of. This is what development looks like. I bought this game when it came out for $10. Nobody gets this much value out of a game. If someone had told me this game was going to get insanity updated for 4 years, I would have never believed it.

Very very impressive for the 1 year wait, This will not disappoint anyone, There's something for everyone.

To everyone who thought terraria was a joke when it came out. Eat your own :red:, right now. Best Metroidvania style creationist platformer around.
Yeah I agree. How many people actually play vanilla minecraft and get fun out of it???
[DOUBLEPOST=1435579811,1435579733][/DOUBLEPOST]
Better question: Can mobile handle this much stuff? There are memory limits.
Probably not, And 505 games won't try that hard

I actually Prefer Both... But It's A REALLY Hard Decision On Which I Like More cos, I MAinly Build Stuff In Both... But The Atmospheres are so much different so every time its Fresh And New :) (BTW Final... Just Dont say stuff like that... thats the stuff that causes a LOT of Nerd Rage :) )

I actually Prefer Both... But It's A REALLY Hard Decision On Which I Like More cos, I MAinly Build Stuff In Both... But The Atmospheres are so much different so every time its Fresh And New :) (BTW Final... Just Dont say stuff like that... thats the stuff that causes a LOT of Nerd Rage :) )
...Sorry

THE HYYYYYYYPE

But does anyone know when it gets released in Australia? Midnight on the 29th or late afternoon on the 30th? We're infront of America, and because of different timezones we may miss out until 2-3pm Tuesday!!

Can someone please help me with this,
Thanks guys,
~Mulberry (aka Schmo)

I like the new mechanics, especially the one with every 50 kills of a monster (i'm assuming) you get a banner and on top of that the server announces who kills it, its a really good idea also... Superhype x1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom