[1.4.4.9] TerrariaPatcher (plugins and more!)

It works, but it crashes every now and then and always when i exit the world

EDIT: That actually happens on vanilla

Last edited:
v1.2.0.15: Added SavePosition plugin.
Added ItemConfig plugin.
Updated /usetime and /autoreuse commands to persist changes if you have ItemConfig plugin installed.

Last edited:
You should edit that, you called it the ItemPrefix plugin but it's the ItemConfig plugin you're actually talking about.

EDIT: Also, do you think you could add an update button or something to it? It's slightly annoying when you have to re-download the updates every time.

You should edit that, you called it the ItemPrefix plugin but it's the ItemConfig plugin you're actually talking about.

EDIT: Also, do you think you could add an update button or something to it? It's slightly annoying when you have to re-download the updates every time.
Thanks I updated it everywhere except in the zip's changelog. Good catch.

And yea.. I would love to add an automatic updater.. However, I don't have any direct file hosting. I could use dropbox but it is possible I use up too much bandwidth and they ban my account. That would be bad. Any ideas?

And yea.. I would love to add an automatic updater.. However, I don't have any direct file hosting. I could use dropbox but it is possible I use up too much bandwidth and they ban my account. That would be bad. Any ideas?

Github?

No clue, unfortunately - but if you ever manage to somehow, that would be great!

I'd agree with Rukrio, Github seems like a good idea.

I do plan to bring both of those back once Prism is more mature, and because I'm pretty sure both Prism and this patcher use Cecil for patching, so it should be relatively easy to add compatibility.

Although Transcend can do whatever they want for their own stuff either way. I do think it's a pretty nice feature to have in a playthrough. It's nice when you can exit the game and come back in the caves where you left off.

What's Prism?

Wow, thanks for the new updates! You sure work fast.

Here's an idea, though I'm not sure if it'd be possible/easy to implement...

Instead of the Potion Sickness debuff preventing the use of healing items, how about making it a tiered thing, similar to the Mana Sickness. The quicker you use a healing item, the less effective it is; after a minute (or whatever the normal cooldown on potion sickness is) healing items act normally, but take them too soon and you're getting less out of them. So when I need another healing potion immediately after taking one, it only heals 50% as much, and then 25%, then 15%, etc. Once the sickness clears it's all back to normal, but the quicker I take them the worse the sickness is (and the longer it lasts?).

Or maybe change just the debuff to a stacking penalty of some kind. Like with each use of a healing potion, you get a little slower and the screen gets a little darker? Maybe just tie Slow and Darkness debuffs into the Potion Sickness effects, and reduce the time healing items can't be used. Or maybe just straight up replace Potion Sickness with Weak? Something like that. Would take a little balancing, I guess.

I understand the aim of limiting players' ability to spam health potions, but not being able to heal at all with your trusty potions during dire need always annoyed me. Plus it's one more thing to juggle during a hard fight, trying to keep an eye on when you can heal again. There must be a better way.

Last edited:
Whenever I load Terraria after Patching, I get this error:

Error.PNG

Here's another idea...

Banners increase that npc's spawn rate. Double? 50%? Needs testing, I think. ::EDIT:: Or just make it defined by a number in the .ini (please)::

This could be a good or a bad thing. Spawning more of the weaker mobs (bunny banner FTW!) might make your life a little easier near the banner (plus you get those banner buffs already), but put up the wrong banner.... Well, more of the harder mobs might be fun for a challenge, or making grinding out certain drops a little faster (I'm looking at you, Coin Gun!), but swarms of the tough guys can change the game a lot! I like the idea of being able to influence spawn rates in-game, and this makes sense (to me, anyway). Why wouldn't a mob be attracted to its own banner?

Maybe it only ups the spawn rate when activated with wire mechanisms?

Last edited:
@Transcend - I patched at the latest TerrariaPatcher.v1.2.0.15.public.zip and am now having problems with the "C" portablecrafting. If I use the C key at all, I am stuck in the inventory/crafting menu. I have testing it multiple time and re-patched once just to make sure. Previously, I was using 1.2.0.08 and didn't have the problem. I saw the new save position and updated. I did use my back Terraria.exe.bak to patch and re-backup. Thanks in advance!! Also, really appreciate the awesome work you have put into this program!

Edit, just used Setting to exit Terraria. I logged my character back in and selected the same world and pressed the Esc key and it will allow me to exit the inventory/crafting menu as long as I don't press the "C" key again or it starts all over.

When i spawn a boss more then once (/npc 127 5 as example) (127 is Prime) it spawns one but when it is defeated it gives me the loot of 5 of them and says Prime has been defeated 5 times it just would be more fun so could you look into it and try to fix it?

@Transcend - I patched at the latest TerrariaPatcher.v1.2.0.15.public.zip and am now having problems with the "C" portablecrafting. If I use the C key at all, I am stuck in the inventory/crafting menu. I have testing it multiple time and re-patched once just to make sure. Previously, I was using 1.2.0.08 and didn't have the problem. I saw the new save position and updated. I did use my back Terraria.exe.bak to patch and re-backup. Thanks in advance!! Also, really appreciate the awesome work you have put into this program!

Edit, just used Setting to exit Terraria. I logged my character back in and selected the same world and pressed the Esc key and it will allow me to exit the inventory/crafting menu as long as I don't press the "C" key again or it starts all over.

Having the same problem as well. I found by pressing the full map button in the inventory/crafting menu and closing the full map, the inventory/crafting menu becomes closable again.

When i spawn a boss more then once (/npc 127 5 as example) (127 is Prime) it spawns one but when it is defeated it gives me the loot of 5 of them and says Prime has been defeated 5 times it just would be more fun so could you look into it and try to fix it?

It spawns 5 Primes, but they overlap, so it only appears to be one. This happens with all enemies. It's not a bug, it's just how it works. Try to summon a few snow flinxes and whack away, you'll see a few flying away while a few are still next to you, even though there only appeared to be one originally.

I get enough hearts and stars as it is, making the banners improve spawn rates would make things easy. I agree with the reddit posts that the area of effect should increase based on how many there are.

@Transcend Is there any way you can allow other items to drop from expert mode bosses as well as the bags? Seedler only drops from classic mode plantera and I dont want to have go through an easy world just for that item.

*Thought of two more things, does force accessory slots allow them in classic mode? If not I would like that. Second, option to increase the effectiveness of defense to 100%. Ive always disliked that its lower than the displayed value, why even show higher numbers if they dont exist..

Last edited:
Whenever I load Terraria after Patching, I get this error:

View attachment 66605
Please make sure you have .NET 4.5 installed.

Having the same problem as well. I found by pressing the full map button in the inventory/crafting menu and closing the full map, the inventory/crafting menu becomes closable again.
Do you have auto-pause on?

Last edited:
do you think you could make some changes with the boss spawner? i was trying to fight a couple bosses at once (Example 5 EoC) but they overlap and its just like fighting one ._.

Back
Top Bottom