Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

My Second discovery is when you do Moonlord at level 1 with a non-exp locked character, you level up to 33 after he is defeated, HOWEVER you do not gain the Social slot stats ability. I'm not sure if that is on purpose or not, and i would like a bit of further insight on whether or not the character must be exp locked to get the ability to gain stats from the social slots.

This is intentional, yeah. A character must be Level 1 to get the social slot bonus, meaning said character must have 0% EXP gain.

I'm playing a server with my sister, I'm only using a slime staff but not gaining any exp, is there anyway to play a pure summoner without losing potential levels?

I'm playing a server with my sister, I'm only using a slime staff but not gaining any exp, is there anyway to play a pure summoner without losing potential levels?
thats what i had mentioned few days ago aswell, the dev cant work on the mod for a few more days though as he stated in an earlier post. it was made so summoners cant afk grind exp. but gotest might change it, so the exp rate would drastically decrease after ~10 seconds of inactivity (5 seconds could be enough aswell)

thats what i had mentioned few days ago aswell, the dev cant work on the mod for a few more days though as he stated in an earlier post. it was made so summoners cant afk grind exp. but gotest might change it, so the exp rate would drastically decrease after ~10 seconds of inactivity (5 seconds could be enough aswell)
I'd go for 10 seconds, you'd still have to keep moving around, but it takes more than 5 seconds of standing at my door to get rid of zombies at the moment.

Hello, my friend have big problem. He can't connect to my server. We've tryied Host&Play, Tshock, Dedicated (Terraria Leveled Server) and even Hamachi. He can't host by himself too, whenever he tryies on Host&Play he gets just Connecting..., and when he tryies to host on dedicated his console instantly closes with red text. We have no clue what to do. In non-modded Terraria everyting works fine because we can connect with Steam. Could someone help us? Please? And sorry for my English.

Attachments

• umldx4.jpg
    umldx4.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 370
I am thinking instead of a flat 10, it can be varied durations. From that, using items could increase the time, or decrease the current time itself if nothing was used for a while. (But for the exact range cap for seconds, will be kept in secret!)
We're trying to have summoning as something viable, but at the same time not just EZ mode with a click of a button.
Hello, my friend have big problem. He can't connect to my server. We've tryied Host&Play, Tshock, Dedicated (Terraria Leveled Server) and even Hamachi. He can't host by himself too, whenever he tryies on Host&Play he gets just Connecting..., and when he tryies to host on dedicated his console instantly closes with red text. We have no clue what to do. In non-modded Terraria everyting works fine because we can connect with Steam. Could someone help us? Please? And sorry for my English.
That's related to ports. Use a tunneling program to bypass that issue, if you can't/don't know how to portforward. Hamachi is the most common one known to mind.

Edit/Addition: @:mad:Nobodys_me Oh yeah, that too lol.

Last edited:
I am thinking instead of a flat 10, it can be varied durations. From that, using items could increase the time, or decrease the current time itself if nothing was used for a while. (But for the exact range cap for seconds, will be kept in secret!)
We're trying to have summoning as something viable, but at the same time not just EZ mode with a click of a button.

That's related to ports. Use a tunneling program to bypass that issue, if you can't/don't know how to portforward. Hamachi is the most common one known to mind.

and don't forget to turn your firewall off... (whoever is hosting)

Edit/Addition: @:mad:Nobodys_me Oh yeah, that too lol.
check what he said... they even tried hamachi and it didnt work. the error shown on the image doesnt exactly look like a portforwarding issue, theres something else wrong.

Update on problem: My friend had no Framework, or somenthing wrong with it. Now when I'm/he's trying to join to server it just says: "Connecting to (ip)". Any ideas?
We can't connect by hamachi because he's having now problem with tunnels.

Attachments

• k5olxi.jpg
    k5olxi.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Update on problem: My friend had no Framework, or somenthing wrong with it. Now when I'm/he's trying to join to server it just says: "Connecting to (ip)". Any ideas?
We can't connect by hamachi because he's having now problem with tunnels.
This stuff sounds like there's an issue with the person trying to host. The first error I've seen before but didn't know how to fix it. Looks like you guys found the fix for that. For how to fix hamachi, I really cannot tell you. Networking stuff is something I only understand less than 0.1% of. Try port forwarding if possible.
Try another service like hamachi as well. I've used hamachi before and I always had trouble with it. Try Evolve or Tunngle. Those worked for me.
Have him try to connect to his server using the ip "127.0.0.1". If it still happens, there's something wrong with his PC.

Another thing. About summon EXP, the plan I have will affect ALL EXP gain! So if you're AFK too long (5-10 seconds) you won't gain as much EXP. If you're AFK for about 20-25 seconds, you gain no EXP. So basically, after 5-10 seconds EXP gain will gradually drop (15 secs being around 25% gain.)
Tell me what you guys think, because this would be pretty easy to implement.

Also, Happy New Years guys!

Last edited:
How difficult would it be to figure out a workaround for Imported worlds not having ore exp? I really prefer to use the Unofficial TerraCustom mod to make worlds, but can't transfer them in and have the full Terraria Levelled experience.

Another thing. About summon EXP, the plan I have will affect ALL EXP gain! So if you're AFK too long (5-10 seconds) you won't gain as much EXP. If you're AFK for about 20-25 seconds, you gain no EXP. So basically, after 5-10 seconds EXP gain will gradually drop (15 secs being around 25% gain.)

This idea of anti-afk summoner exp is pretty good. But expect that people will try to workaround this. How will this work? Just any move? Like swing with sword or somenthing? If so it's going to be exploited - Auto swing items, Keyboard key blocking. :p

And Happy New Year. :)

This stuff sounds like there's an issue with the person trying to host. The first error I've seen before but didn't know how to fix it. Looks like you guys found the fix for that. For how to fix hamachi, I really cannot tell you. Networking stuff is something I only understand less than 0.1% of. Try port forwarding if possible.
Try another service like hamachi as well. I've used hamachi before and I always had trouble with it. Try Evolve or Tunngle. Those worked for me.
Have him try to connect to his server using the ip "127.0.0.1". If it still happens, there's something wrong with his PC.

its perfect, as long as you dont forget to exclude natural kills and traps from the exp gain to prevent full afk farms
would love to see it implemented soon ;)

The way it'll reset the counter is if a key is pressed, or released. Same with the mouse. So just holding down the button/key won't work.

My last post got swept away by the fast replies, but now after launching the server I get this error:

Error2.png

This error shows up for both Tshock and non-Tshock. The game itself works fine when playing solo, but that's no fun.

My last post got swept away by the fast replies, but now after launching the server I get this error:

View attachment 90881

This error shows up for both Tshock and non-Tshock. The game itself works fine when playing solo, but that's no fun.
and what exactly are you trying to do?

the last error was a missing parameter.. pretty much self explaining if you are using a shortcut of the server application... the current error is a bit deeper, but still there is too much missing information on what you are actually doing when starting the server

Hey I'm having issues with my vortex made weapons, the phantasm and the vortex beater. They seem to be taking the base damage and not the mod damage into effect, my buddy is playing with me and he doesn't have an issue with the nebula or stardust weapons.
Here are my stats. http://imgur.com/h1co0Yv

Here's the damage http://imgur.com/pJ03PUT
which version are you using... this is supposed to be fixed on 10.2
Found a bug... Sorta. Stardust dragon gives EXP. Pretty sure hes a summon. (Using version 10.1)
did you attack the monsters beforehand?

Back
Top Bottom