Mobile [1.4.3] Hybrid control scheme no longer possible after updating.

Coinux

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
iPad 10.2 9th Gen
Mobile OS
iPad OS 15
Hello, after updating I am no longer able to play comfortably. I use an iPad with a keyboard only folio and an Apple Pencil to interact with things on the screen. This has worked perfectly since I've been playing the game, but it now feels very janky. If I touch the screen with my finger or the pencil, it causes the UI to change and for my movement via the WASD keys to stop. I also cannot have the half of the on screen controls open while I move with the WASD keys. I sit without a desk, and do not a have a mouse that works with my iPad. I'm requesting a setting that brings back the UI and ability to use a half keyboard, half touch control mode like the previous versions had. One that doesn't flicker between UI versions and doesn't disable my WASD movement when I touch the screen, and doesn't disable touch UI when I use the keyboard. Thank you. It had been working so wonderfully.

I picked up Terraria for the first time literally yesterday.

Played a couple hours using a controller and touch, and then wake up this morning to that being broken and have been furiously searching the settings for what I assumed I broke. The UI doesn't just shrink a little, the crafting inventories etc. move all over the place when I touch the screen or push a button making it almost unusable to play this way. Like this.

Last night I was thinking about how if I got into the Android version I'd pick it up on PC, and now I'm not even sure if I'm going to continue playing. Is there a way to roll back?

I have this issue as well, as do all my chrome books, (non touchscreen mobile devices) you can move and attack, just not both at the same time. You can adjust the touch and full screen ui’s to the same size to prevent the screen ui from changing every time you move or click, but it’s still nearly unplayable (summoner class helps a little) with this new update. The left and right click keyboard bindings are set by default but changing their bindings doesn’t make a difference.

Fixed! With the 1.4.3.2.3 Hotfix, a tab was added in controller settings for primary input, 'auto' and 'touch' priority. Setting it to Touch will allow keyboard and touch to work in tandem instead of simply one or the other. Thanks DEVs!

Fixed! With the 1.4.3.2.3 Hotfix, a tab was added in controller settings for primary input, 'auto' and 'touch' priority. Setting it to Touch will allow keyboard and touch to work in tandem instead of simply one or the other. Thanks DEVs!
On top of that, you will also notice a hand icon in the top right corner of the game screen, that is the change to touchscreen button, they added this and removed the auto change feature when you tap the screen

Back
Top Bottom