Mobile 1.4.3 Touch GUI is a step back

Tarabaz

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
OnePlus 10 Pro 256GB
Mobile OS
Android 12
Thanks for the fantastic update, I'm really hyped for the new content and balancing changes.

Unfortunately there are two changes to the user interface that make playing on a smartphone harder.

The first is that the camera doesn't move up anymore, when opening the inventory. It was such a great feature in 1.4.0, that made a lot of things much easier and more convenient.

The second is the removal of the button to open close the inventory in the bottom left corner. While playing you use this feature really frequently, and the old button was easy to reach with the left thumb. To reach the new button on the top left of the screen I have to change how I hold my device every time to hit the button. It is really not ergonomic anymore.

Thanks for the fantastic update, I'm really hyped for the new content and balancing changes.

Unfortunately there are two changes to the user interface that make playing on a smartphone harder.

The first is that the camera doesn't move up anymore, when opening the inventory. It was such a great feature in 1.4.0, that made a lot of things much easier and more convenient.

The second is the removal of the button to open close the inventory in the bottom left corner. While playing you use this feature really frequently, and the old button was easy to reach with the left thumb. To reach the new button on the top left of the screen I have to change how I hold my device every time to hit the button. It is really not ergonomic anymore.
You can move the screen up, you just have to make the ui be higher on the scale increasing its size, I get my screen to go up by doing this

@Greybrynn That's not the same thing at all. Old version would have the menu go way up, you're just talking about scaling the UI down to take up less space on the screen. The actual old method is to enable fullscreen, then the menu will shift up like before the update but fullscreen mode does not work at all in this version

@Greybrynn That's not the same thing at all. Old version would have the menu go way up, you're just talking about scaling the UI down to take up less space on the screen. The actual old method is to enable fullscreen, then the menu will shift up like before the update but fullscreen mode does not work at all in this version
Have you slides the slider to the right then went on game with the inventory open?
I’m not using full screen mode and it shifts up
Edit: I have the ui scale set to fill zoomed in
E675F61F-5A26-4479-90D1-984AF862A2CC.png

Many thanks for the replies.

It works in the settings menu when I select full screen mode, but full screen mode gets disabled again as soon as I try to apply it.

The other workarounds do not work for me. Maybe they only work with displays that are not ultra widescreen.

Many thanks for the replies.

It works in the settings menu when I select full screen mode, but full screen mode gets disabled again as soon as I try to apply it.

The other workarounds do not work for me. Maybe they only work with displays that are not ultra widescreen.
full screen is enabled when you use a keyboard and mouse, or controller.
Edit: also I would recommend using the preset compact then adjust the ui to be closer, this is the best way I can explain it.

Back
Top Bottom