Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've been experiencing this bug for a while so I thought I should post it here, as I don't really have anywhere else to do so.
I play on a Windows 10 pc and I use a mouse that has number pad buttons on it as well as + and - keys.
So when I play Terraria, I turn off hotbar swapping with the number keys and instead have numpad 4 as quick heal, numpad 3 as quick mana, and so on. This is convenient for me as I can just press the button on the mouse, as a lot of the other conveniently placed buttons on the keyboard are already being used for something else. However, there's a problem I have when doing this explained below.
-
As explained before, I have the hotbar swapping controls all set to nothing so that when I use quick heal with numpad 4 my equipped item doesn't shift to 6the fourth item in my hotbar. Normally, this works as intended. However, it will swap to the fourth item in my hotbar anyway if my character is in the process of performing an action. This is usually attacking with a weapon of some kind. So I'll be attacking and then go to heal, and all the sudden I'm using a completely different item than the one I was using if I was on anything but the fourth item in my hotbar. This means if I don't want to get screwed over in the middle of a fight when I heal, I need to heal while doing nothing else at all, or I need to build my hotbar around this bug.
-
So yeah, that's the issue. It's very consistent to pull off and I have experienced it in singleplayer. It's likely an issue in multiplayer as well, but it's been a hot minute since I've played vanilla multiplayer.
It tends to come up a lot when I play and is very annoying. If it can be fixed I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom